Falcons' Vick indicted by grand jury in dogfighting probe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brownsfan019, Jul 17, 2007.

1. You are a complete moron.

First off, most of those dogs were fighting to get out of the freaking ring, only to be thrown back in again and again by the "handlers". How convenient that you left that latter point out of your little diatribe.

And secondly, the dogs that were killed by Vic and his entourage at "Bad Newsz Kennels" were not shot in the head like cattle. They were disposed of inhumanely thru electrocution, drowning, hanging, and in one case thrown to the floor . . . Naaaa, no cruelty there. We do that to cattle all the time, right?

Get real.

#21     Jul 19, 2007
  2. So hes been definitively linked to presence at/knowledge of this activity on this property?

#22     Jul 19, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

its in the culture...way before he made millions. some like to fight roosters...

#23     Jul 19, 2007
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

you have know idea how cruel we are to the foods we eat. In some cases, they jam garden hoses down chickens throats and pump them with garbage just to plump them for you and i to eat. I used to roast 80 lb pigs for christmas; the last time i went to pick one out I said never again...talk about cruel...some would get nailed with the back of an axe and where still alive when they had to receive several more blows to complete the job...

#24     Jul 19, 2007
  5. I don't know if there is a specific league policy that requires multiple offenses. Pacman Jones has never been convicted of anything. If this is the image the league wants, fine, then let him play. But it makes suspending those other guys look kind of silly.

The Falcons are not bound by league policy though. They can say they are not letting this guy be the face of their team and suspend him. Let him go through arbitration and see if he can get his money. Really they have two choices. Either recognize that they made a mistake with this guy and cut their losses, or, let him drag their team down with a long running drama. It's not like he was leading them into the playoffs every year either. He is an exciting player but a marginal NFL QB.

#25     Jul 19, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

the league policy is for sure for repeat offenders...even if not convicted...just plain ole trouble makers...look it up...heard it many times already from Mike and Mike and espn...the falcons wont cut him, they might not let him be the face of their organization for sure but why would they cut him if he has not been convicted of alleged crimes and he is a superstar ( in the sense of his exciting play). the same thing that happened to kobe will happen here...he will lose a ton on endorsements which he already has, his shirt went from being number 2 seller to who knows where now , but in the end if not convicted fans will slowly come back and the endorsements will also...just like in Kobe's case which was RAPE ( although the only difference is his never went to trial, which can be a big difference)

p.s. pacman jones while not convicted is most definetly a repeat offender, hence the reason for his suspension...im not saying that the commsih wont buckle due to outside pressure, but the policy is for repeat offenders...

#26     Jul 19, 2007
  7. jsmooth

jsmooth

have all the Liberal Animal Rights Activists been saying anything yet? I can imagine they'll jump on this opportunity to further their cause and ruin Vick.

#27     Jul 19, 2007
  8. Vick is toast.

This isn't a typical violence, drug or outrageous thing with a woman kind of incident you get with NFL guys. It's a PR nightmare. Dog killings?

Now look at that indictment. Every paragraph is a statement of something that somebody under oath said took place. And there are a bunch of incidents, just like you with drug distribution. He might get by some of them, but can he get by all of them? Then the most menacing thing I see is they have the purse amounts. If they got that from somebody, what else do they have?

Finally, he's a tier 2 QB anyway. Can't move em up the field, can't come from behind. He'll wet the bed this season under the pressure from this.

He's too soiled - will never recover.

#28     Jul 19, 2007
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

so alleged voilence against a human with a gun or raping a woman is not as bad as killing a dog?? and while he is a 2 teir QB in your eyes...he is the reason the fans come to see the falcons..which is what matters to the owners...

look if he did what he did he should burn in hell...but im just calling it as it is...

#29     Jul 19, 2007
  10. You are making some good points, but the other side of it is that dog fighting is viewed as just so odious by sports writers that he will be excoriated. I was just reading the sports and the animal rights activists are all over the Commissioner to suspend him. I have to believe the Falcon's fans will turn on him too. People can understadn something between a player and his GF, or a hotel hookup that goes bad. Dog fighting is just so out of bounds that no one will be willing to cut him an inch of slack.

This is a classic crisis management situation, and most experts in that will tell you the important thing is to act decisively and stop the daily news cycle. Yes, the Lakers and Kobe toughed it out, but look where they are now. He learned nothing, shows zero gratitude for the club sticking with him and is trying to undermine the very people who supported him. Vick is trash, and Arthur Blank does not have a lot of tolerance for employees who aren't with the program.

#30     Jul 19, 2007