Falcon or Digital Tigers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Laconic, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Laconic

Laconic

Anybody ever buy a system from Falcon or Digital Tigers? How did it work out for you?

2. Never have. Always buy from Dell, or build my own, or buy workstations from Sam's. They all work great and I know what I'm getting.

I don't deal with hardly known companies when it comes to computers. It's bad enough morons at Microsoft fuck things up by the minute. Sure don't want to have to deal with some up and coming computer builder.

3. opt789

opt789

I am not sure I would but a computer from a place that claims to make “trading” computers, but I have not used those companies so I can’t say they are bad. Looking at the websites, they are not too impressive.

Building your own is really not that hard, there are a ton of websites and videos out there that can walk you through every step. If you live near a Micro Center you can build one for a rather inexpensive price while getting parts far better in quality than someplace like Dell.

4. coachd

coachd

I have used a Falcon and it was a good computer but nothing great. You are much better off having a custom build done.

5. I have used a trading computers desktop since 2007. I'll admit I overpaid but I've never had a single problem.

6. jumper

jumper

I've used a Falcon. Good system and no complaints with the hardware but I'm not willing to pay up for it anymore because of the less than ideal support.

7. Doobs789

Doobs789

I just recently purchased a new trading computer. I spent a lot of time researching most of the companies out there. My advice: Buy from Puget Systems (I am not employed by them, nor do I receive any compensation from a referral). They have all the latest technology, and the customer service is truly outstanding. They are a little pricey, but no more than other custom builders. If you are computer savvy, you can always build your own for less money. But, for me, I was willing to pay the premium for a turn-key build.

Here is the thread chronicling by build:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=260199