Fake recovery due to trillions being printed; real test is job growth

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond_trad3r, Apr 22, 2009.

1. dirkd

dirkd

lets see what is the FED doing with all this money its printing?? bailing out big banks and insurance companies. It's not going to stimulate the economy. It's going into a big hole. We can all thank Bush for this. Look at chinas stimulus, building dams, roads, all kind of infrastructure. We are paying medicare and healthcare and big banks and big insurance companies that sold protection for big banks in case their mortgages went bad. We need to upgrade our electric grid, build wind and solar farms. Spend 10 billion on a new battery pack for cars. let all the banks fail and establish new banks. Fire all the old guards. Bring in new ideas and new energy. Reform government corruption. upgrade the FAA, we still on a 60's system. thats stimulus.

#31     Apr 25, 2009
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

I just checked my bill for food and health insurance. There hasn't been any deflation for the basics in many many many years. Only inflation.

#32     Apr 25, 2009
  3. my bet is on inflation and the worst type that is, where incomes don't increase yet the cost of essential items keep increasing

#33     Apr 25, 2009
  4. Onlygold

Onlygold

Seems reasonable. Problem is it will not be just the US, but globally as the world need time to be weaned off US consumptions.

People easily forget that economics == jobs. Bankers, derivatives and forex dealers, financial fashion designers, insurers,...,warriors,... don't produce final goods and these jobs should be reduced until it hurts to reduce more (marginal productivity...something), but the world have "value added" from these getting more as a % of GDP !

Many people criticize the US stimulus and bailouts to be ineffective, but none gave any alternative. It seems that a possible (but very painful way) is for the US to seriously press the reset button. Don't let bad businesses pulled down the good and solvent businesses. Don't do any bailout or stimulus. Just print money to tide over those who lost their jobs due to reset by giving them monthly income until economics restructuring kicks in. IMHHO :confused:

#34     Apr 25, 2009
  5. so I was talking with a tech support agent at Dell the other day, the guy was based in the states, so he's like

- ya, so watz wrong witch yo pc?
    + i'm contacting regarding case number ...
    - dat ain't no kase number
    + this is the number the last agent gave me
    - i don't know man, i told you that ain't no kase number man, ah, never mind

like what the fuck asshole, you get paid what 40K to talk like that you piece of shit, now if I were talking with a tech support based in India I wouldn't be dealing with such a pothead, I prefer talking with someone who is polite yet has an accent over someone who fuckin doesn't know english yet is so fucking full of himself

arrogance deserves to be punished, and it will be

#35     Apr 25, 2009
  6. cubical

cubical

I firmly believe we will see massive inflation with all the government spending. With the deficit it will be a matter of inflate or die. The interesting part will be how American AND foreign businesses accommodate. Like another poster said people(and businesses) with large debt will be able to pay it back with cheaper dollars. The companies with hoards of cash will become less valuable because of their large stashes of cash. How will foreign companies that interact with and without America do? Who knows. I don't know what would be the best thing to do with my money, but it will not be in cash! Oil and gold stocks and maybe some good foreign funds. It will be a slow process so we should be able to adapt correctly, if we are looking out for it. We certainly will be living in interesting times!

#36     Apr 25, 2009
  7. funny but sad story

#37     Apr 25, 2009
  8. Humpy

Humpy

Just listened to the Meredith Whitney - Margaret Popper interview.
    Great stuff !! At last someone who knows what they are talking about and not just another reworking bullshit artist.

#38     Apr 26, 2009