Fake Gurus List

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Trader H.C., Aug 29, 2020.

1. Dazz

Dazz

my inquiry, not issue, is with your 15,208 posts, what rooms based on the above criteria do you recommend?

#41     Aug 30, 2020
  2. Dazz

Dazz

You are right; sort of how Paris Hilton is famous for being famous, Linda is milking previous actions but nothing new for years and years. Has been.

#42     Aug 30, 2020
  3. smallfil

smallfil

#43     Aug 30, 2020
  4. guru

guru

But in such case even an honest guru cannot teach most people anything, so everyone will complain and not believe him/her. That’s what this discussions is about: do honest gurus exist?
    If the problem is the trader then everyone will complain about gurus even if a guru provides incredible value.
    While if a guru writes exact steps that work without depending on the trader, then everyone will copy those steps and resell as their own.

The logical conclusion is that a guru cannot exist. It’s either the trader that is the problem, or everyone would have a working strategy without needing the guru anymore.

#44     Aug 30, 2020
    beginner66 likes this.
  5. I can speak from experience that it is absolutely possible to teach someone a strategy and have the would-be trader learn quickly to recognize trading signals in real time with perfection and yet the student fails due to the choices he or she makes, e.g. the trader takes some signals but not others, or moves stop losses farther from entry and thus lets losses run rather than cutting them short, and most frequently the would-be market maven cuts profits short while taking full losses. All the while the teacher continues to reap the rewards of following the strategy as taught.

Consistently profitable trading plans are a dime a dozen, while those with the ability to trade such a plan are few and very far between.

#45     Aug 30, 2020
    Huyang, S-Trader, Axon and 5 others like this.
  6. guru

guru

Great points. And actually happens in every biz/industry. Only small % of people have professional approach to what they do. The rest constantly complains that gurus don’t exist :)

#46     Aug 30, 2020
    Gaslight Capital likes this.
  7. deaddog

deaddog

Is that real money or sim dollars?

#47     Aug 30, 2020
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

"THIS."

It's been a while since I've read a Best Of candidate, but this certainly has to be in the pool for Best of 2020 ET posts.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

#48     Aug 30, 2020
  9. Dazz

Dazz

On this issue of education, 2 thoughts:

1. Of the over 2000 trading rooms, only 31 actually trade. So 99% of"education" comes from non-trading fakes. It would be like learning to sing from a studio that does not sing or learning to play piano from a teacher that does not play piano. It falls into the category "those that can't do teach".

2. Futures trading is really really hard and so very few actually do it. I believe it takes true talent to trade. True talent can be measured and observed; it is rare and it is sustainable BUT BUT BUT it is not transferable. Study under Tiger Woods and you will be better at golf but you will not be him. By definition, most of us do not have true talent and the re-worked, washed out "educational" nonsense out there from non-trading scams will not help.

99% of education is worthless; thinking it will improve our trading is an tenuous conclusion that flies in the face of reality.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    #49     Aug 30, 2020
  10. Dazz

Dazz

Excellent question: of the 18 rooms that actually trade in real time, with stops and tgt, showing track records, etc, all trade in sim. No big deal for me; I have seen an actual trade taken with $$$ account that I can verify sometimes in Target Trading Pro; Emini Scalping bots; some while back in True North Trading but that is it.

#50     Aug 30, 2020