Fake Chinese Products

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tums, May 18, 2007.

1. moo

moo

Are those prices in the Chinese currency?
    Where can I buy one of those copycat cars?

The Chinese will surely conquer the world car markets in the next few years.

#11     May 25, 2007
  2. I'm chinese and let me tell you... the amount of bootlegs in China is so great that I doubt most of you could even begin to comprehend the sheer magnitude of it.

I'm actually surprised myself, they seem to be able to duplicate virtually anything and create knockoff brands. Nothing is safe. Good imitations are hard to spot.. they could pass for the real thing.

It makes sense too because you're talking about a country where the majority of the people make such a paltry living. The bootleggers get to make a living and everyone that purchases from them can get what they need although the quality isn't always there. There's a market for that stuff, and a black market will always arise when there are economic inefficiencies. There are only a select few that can actually afford a genuine product at a upscale store in the city (that number is increasing but unfortunately it's mostly contained to the cities).

No one there cares if you wear imitation stuff, it's part of everyday life. It's a huge dichotomy with here and it really shows you how much we're paying for a brandname here in the States.

Think about it next time your wife wants you to buy her an expensive Louis-Vuitton purse... maybe you should send her to China :)

Also don't buy bootlegs that could potentially kill you. This includes toothpaste, medicine, food and perishables. That's just common sense.

#12     May 25, 2007
  3. well i ahveb to say i worked in china town in nyc for 5 year and they have really cracked down on LV
    Pll especially come here to buy bag,s with their family it like a tourist sport and beleive me they buy bulk
    Right now business has been slow and they have been cutting down on the fake,s other wise if u were selling fake bags 5 years ago u should be a milllioner by now.

#13     May 25, 2007
  4. Coupl of years ago when I visited China, I bought 3 Rolex watches for about $4 each. (actually any brand would cost the same money). The first glance was they looked real ,but if you looked a little harder, you'd notice the build quality wasn't there. However, they are very accurate. I gave all those to my friends after I came back to the states(I told them those were fake), and they loved them. They thought it was fun.

#14     May 25, 2007
  5. timmyz

timmyz

wtf did the factory manager for the bmw manufacturing plant in china produce a bunch of extra cars and then change their labels? no friggin way they just bought a bmw off the lot and re-engineered it.

#15     May 25, 2007
  6. timmyz

timmyz

i have a few questions. if you wear a NIRE sweater when it's supposed to say NIKE, nobody laughs at you because everybody else wears NIRE? if everybody knows that NIRE is not NIKE, then why don't the bootleggers just create their own original brand instead of imitating NIKE? Everyone knows that NIRE is not NIKE, right?

why don't the bootleggers just make it say NIKE instead of NIRE?

#16     May 25, 2007