Fair, Balanced, and Fact-Free

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Most reporters aren't liberal or biased - right?
    Let's see....
    - 9 white house correspondents survey voted for Clinton in 1992, while 2 voted for Bush
    - 12 voted for Dukakis in 1988 - one for Bush
    - 10 voted for Mondale in 1984 - zero for Reagan
    - 8 voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980 - 2 for Reagan
    Of course, none of these reporters could be biased at all in their reporting.......
    Source: US News and World Report White House Reporter Kenneth Walsh
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another survey...
    Of the 1400 members of the national media who were surveyed:

44% considered themselves Democrats
    16% Repubs
    34% independents
    89% voted for Clinton in 1992
    7% voted for Bush in 1992

#41     Oct 23, 2003
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

The following are the results of a poll (December, 1996) conducted by Louis Harris and Associates for the nonpartisan Center for Media and Public Affairs:
    1) most Americans think that the media are biased. Almost half (49%) think that the media usually don't "get the facts straight."

2) some two-thirds believe the media don't "deal fairly with all sides" in social and political reporting.

3) almost three-fourths of Americans see a "fair amount" or "great deal" of political bias in the news. And by more than a 2-to-1 ratio, poll resondents said that bias is liberal rather than conservative (43%-19%).

4) more than 60% of Americans surveyed prefer the media to "simply report the facts" and not "weigh the facts and offer suggestions about how to solve problems." This is a sharp break from ABC News' motto "News With Solutions."

5) some 65% do not believe that "journalists should point out what they believe are inaccuracies and distortions in the statements of public figures."

6) nearly 60% believe the news media have "too much influence."

7) some 47% think journalists have values different from their own.

#42     Oct 23, 2003
  3. Provide proof that people who vote a particular party are necessarily biased in their job functions towards the political party or candidate they voted for.

Also, when you provide information that you claim to be of a factual nature, please provide a link to the source of that data.

#43     Oct 23, 2003
  4. People who can't spot liberal news bias without a research group telling them what to think are either:

A) Liberal

B) Biased

C) Members of the Media

D) Without Cognitive Ability

#44     Oct 23, 2003
  5. If it is that easy to objectively spot, then it would be easy to generate facts that would convince any reasonable person of the veracity of your statements.

Again you have to prove that the bias is "liberal" in nature, not simply in favor of human rights, constitutional ammendments and freedoms, or doing the job of exposing the actions and intentions of government and corporate America.

#45     Oct 23, 2003
  6. Most of the journalists didn't vote for Bush because they knew that he would be a rotten president. Most of the american people didn't vote for him either for the same reason.

regards

#46     Oct 23, 2003
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

LOL. You are really fighting this aren't you? LOL. I have never met anyone so much in denial. LOL

OK, here you go big guy, knock yourself out. I'm warning you though, you won't like what you are going to see. LOL.

http://www.mrc.org/

#47     Oct 23, 2003
  8. You linked to a website, not article.

MRC.com, is by the way, a Townhall.com member organization.

Those unfamiliar with townhall.com can see a list of their columnists here:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/

Would you describe that site as liberal, moderate, right wing, or a fair and balanced blend of differing opinions?

Fact please.

Also, I am not a big guy, please stay on point and stay away from name calling.

#48     Oct 23, 2003
  9. You say Fox is conservative biased and the others are unbiased. I say Fox is unbiased and the others are liberal biased. Compared to me you are liberal, therefore A) is the correct answer for you as to why you can't see liberal bias in the media.

#49     Oct 23, 2003
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I should be getting paid for all this work I am doing here. Fine here is the EXACT link. Man oh man. I think the old saying is right, people just believe what they want to believe. Nothing I say or post is going to change your mind, which tells me you are anything but independent

http://www.gargaro.com/bias.html

#50     Oct 23, 2003