Failin' With Palin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Covertibility, Sep 9, 2008.

1. :) I know -- he's speaking but nobody's listening because of the current Alaskan train wreck.

#41     Sep 10, 2008
  2. Some train wreck. For the first time since the campaign began McCain has pulled in front of Obama on Intrade.

#42     Sep 10, 2008
  3. Big rally.

The Clintonites had it right. In every must win swing state Hillary destroyed Obama in the primary.

#43     Sep 10, 2008
  4. I'm not sure how meaningful that is.

#44     Sep 10, 2008
  5. #45     Sep 10, 2008
  6. The swings on Intrade are very wild sometimes. The night before McCain picked Palin, Intrade was showing a less than 10% chance of him choosing anyone other than Romney or Pawlenty. Sometimes Intrade gets it right and sometimes it is incredibly wrong.

#46     Sep 10, 2008
  7. Use your head vhehn. That would be like a stock breaking 5% on good earnings and you saying that what matters most was the good report.

The market (Intrade) knows the USA Today poll. They know Gallop and Rasmussen and Zogby and everyone else. As a collective body participants say there's a slightly better chance at this moment that McCain will beat Obama. Nothing more nothing less and no more a final arbitor than a NFL point spread or the last print in ZB.

But what Intrade DOES mean is that the Palin choice is a HUGE plus for McCain and despite the media and bloggers and ET idiots bringing up troopergate or abortion or whatever knock de jour it's only hurting Obama.

If McCain supporters and conservative bloggers called Obama or his children monkeys-would it hurt McCain? OF COURSE it would. Even I would feel sympathetic to Obama. Well calling a woman an unqualified pig with lipstick, accusing her of switching babies with her daughter ect-that stuff hurts Obama. Big. It's showing up in sentiment. Plus his acceptance speech at the DNC was simply partisan and horrible and picking Biden was nuts.

#47     Sep 10, 2008
  8. balda

balda

How about a mandatory requirement that presidential nominee must be an atheist?

How convenient to pick and choose.

Which church supports sex before marriage?

#48     Sep 10, 2008
  9. The polls look about equal to me. Okay, Obama may be a bit ahead, as he has been all the way along.

#49     Sep 10, 2008
  10. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: Obama Reacts To Latest Polls

:) :) :)

#50     Sep 10, 2008