Failed Trader / Blown Up Trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spencer, Nov 16, 2015.

1. spencer

spencer

"I can't believe that the sum of our unrealized losses which we just dodged, would have been more than the sum of our firm's market capitalization ... ... ... [tear]"

If you quip this, to yourself, then you are essentially fired. You can be a perfect person, with no personal problems, and realize this fate. A blown up trader, it losses your job. Things along this case, anything along these lines, warrant this deal ... firing.

So, when you say you want to sponsor an attraction, what do you have in mind? You can't blow up and expect to stay. Cutting losses? Due diligence? Execution errors? Pilot errors? Faulty employees / workforce meltdowns? Desperate times, desperate measures?

I don't know what to say to a failed trader, but a blown up trader is a leave of absence.

SmallCapSurfer777 likes this.
  2. banco

banco

What are you babbling about?

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Did you lose your job as a trader at a firm or a close friend lost his/her job as a trader at a firm ?

4. Cswim63

Cswim63

wrb--_Are we going to have to talk this guy down from the ledge?_Cause that's what it sounds like. Don't jump failed trader! I've done it many times.

NoDoji likes this.
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Define the risk
    Take the SL
    Systematically take profit
    Any given outcome is far from certain

But then.., you know this already - I would bet

RN

6. What is "SL" RN?

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

His message post is cryptic...hopefully he's not close to going on a ledge. That's one of the down sides of the markets. Money (or lose of it) can cause people to do some horrible things.

8. Redneck

Redneck

Stop Loss Sir - aka our ultimate butt protector

RN

bone and jeffreyskeldon like this.
  9. That happens. If he pulls himself together and starts over he is a trader. If he stays huddled in the fetal position in resignation indefinitely, he is no longer a trader

Bry and Cswim63 like this.
  10. what is this?

#10     Nov 17, 2015