Failed Integration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by estrader, Apr 16, 2006.

1. No, genetics is not a factor, because we see different cultures of the same race, with different values, laws, etc.

In this country, we have different laws and values within the white race, just visit California, then go to the deep south....

Not genetics.

Your argument is flawed....

and this type of argument is generally used to rationalize racism as something that is "scientifically" grounded.

And no, I don't support your belief that genetics is a foundation of criminal behavior by blacks.

#21     May 5, 2006
  2. maxpi

maxpi

an engineering maxim: the desire for racial integration increases exponentially with the distance from the origin of the area of integration.

#22     May 5, 2006
  3. It seems to me that there is clear commonality among European cultures, such that they are clearly distinguishable from Asiatic or African cultures, or, for people occupying a similar environment, Amerindian cultures. That's the level you need to look at this at; from this vantage point, differences in local American culture are negligible.

It's black culture alone, then, that forces blacks to reject white laws? What should be done about this? Should whites compromise on their laws regulating, say, homicide, because blacks, for cultural reasons, are unable or unwilling to adhere to white standards?

#23     May 5, 2006
  4. Culture is not a function of genetics.

Cultures are not passed genetically.

That is why you can take a child from one culture, and move them to another culture, and they will adopt to the culture, and then adapt to the culture, all the while there is no change in genetic condition.

It simply is not a function of genetics.

Your argument is flawed, and false.

You have no test or proof of your theory.

They only way to prove the theory would be to clone children of the same genetic structure, then take them to different culture and environments, and show that the resultant behavior as an adult was the same....and that proof is not going to happen.

Give it up.

If you want to be a racist, then that is your choice, but don't go rationalizing your racism on the basis of genetics.

#24     May 5, 2006

5. But moments ago you were saying that people from different cultures - blacks - can't adhere to white legal - that is, cultural - standards. This was your explanation for why they are more criminal.

So, I'm confused, what do you actually believe?

#25     May 5, 2006
  6. I didn't say that they can't adhere to laws of this country.

My explanation for more criminal behavior is not on the basis of genetics.

#26     May 5, 2006

7. Actually, it has happened. Ever heard of the Minnesota Twins study? To me it's the definitive proof of the power of genetics.

Identical twins who were separated at birth and reared apart were found by researchers. Examining them, they found that, despite being raised in different households, the twins were eerily similar in tastes, mannerisms, behaviour, intelligence and socioeconomic outcomes.

Naturally, there is massive liberal opposition to this and other studies documenting the power of genes on outcomes. So I hardly expect you to agree with anything I say. But who knows, I was extremely unsettled by it all when I first came upon these ideas a couple of years ago, and have only now come to accept them as the best explanation for what we observe; maybe you will one day, too.

#27     May 5, 2006
  8. Then why the reference to laws as arbitrary cultural artifacts?

Why not simply dive into the standard liberal apologetic about poverty and social exclusion?

#28     May 5, 2006
  9. Non sequitur.

Clearly, you have been exposed, and our argument is imploding...

#29     May 5, 2006
  10. Lol. Yeah, right.

#30     May 5, 2006