Failed hedge fund manager goes into teaching investing

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by learner88, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Those who can, do. Those who cannot, teach. This hedge fund manager is not the only one. He is considered very experienced, so perhaps his courses have more substance than the far younger trainers in trading courses.

I have come across several trading courses taught by young millennials. It is doubtful these youngsters have long market experience even though they talk like they have a lot. I wonder if they earn more teaching rather than trading.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...is-kids-college-savings-into-just-five-stocks

Tilson closed his hedge fund, Kase Capital Management, in September due to poor returns, saying at the time that he doesn’t plan to manage other people’s money. He started a new business called Kase Learning at the end of the year to educate others on investing.

OddTrader and dealmaker like this.
  2. gonna pass on that one!

3. RRY16

RRY16

why?

4. ET180

ET180

Or get a 1 hour a day radio show on the local AM business radio channel. Talk about politics for 1/4 of the show, the other half is commercials, then read stock quotes that anyone can look up on yahoo for 10 minutes. No need to mention past performance or past SEC investigations. There's apparently enough suckers out there who will give you money to invest.

5. OP is hinting that there is more money to be made teaching investing/trading (teaching fees are sure win, no risk) than actually doing investing/trading (no risk, no gain). Of course, respect goes to the practitioners who made it.

6. lol at rry16 changing his post! Tilson, is that you?!?!

7. RRY16

RRY16

I wish, he's got a lot of scratch.

8. He’s a douche RR.
    Guy talked a big game on interviews. NEVER admitted he was wrong (like that clown Ackman).
    Typical Wall st types who got filthy rich by being a good marketer

9. lindq

lindq

LOL, so true. AM radio is like $100.hr an hour to buy your own half hour of air time.

10. ET180

ET180

Actually, I suspect that they give the radio time away for free in order to sell advertising during the show. Most radio stations pay talk show hosts for content. They make money on advertising. In the case of Investor's Edge or similar show where the fund manager is hosting the show, I suspect that they receive no money from the station. They just do the show for exposure and to get their name out there to attract investors who "like" the host and do absolutely no due diligence regarding the money manager's background or past performance.

#10     Mar 1, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.