Fail this question you should give up trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WallstYouth, May 4, 2006.

1. and if the cars are 10 feet apart, then what is your answer, 60? don't think so

#21     May 4, 2006
  2. 6 miles....is the distance the bird will cover between the cars.

#22     May 4, 2006
  3. You did not take into account turning delays when the bird reaches the other car. Assume the cars are 20 miles apart and driving towards each other. The bird would reach one car and have to turn and then go back and then turn again in between the cars as their distances got closer. Since you cannot account for turn and glide speeds and how often the bird needs to make such turns, your 60 answer is just a random guess ignoring all other variables. Sort of llike saying go long without looking at any market conditions.

No wonder you INTERVIEW traders as opposed to trading yourself LOL LOL LOL....

The easy answer is not always the right one when trading

#23     May 4, 2006
  4. I give up, I can't solve it.

So I guess that means I'll have to quit trading.

But since you don't punctuate, write coherent sentence structure or spell check, will you also give up writing?

Nevertheless, Best

Jimmy

#24     May 4, 2006
  5. The question explicitly asked how much distance the bird travels after an hour the cars and the distance between them have really no bearings on the question itself.

#25     May 4, 2006
  6. One car is driving in US. The other car is driving in China with the bird carrying Avian Flu.

#26     May 4, 2006

7. The question asks how much miles will the bird fly between the cars after 1 hour. My answer is 6!

#27     May 4, 2006

8. The OP is obviously hydroencephalic. It couldn't have been more poorly-stated. BTW, the circumference of the Earth is 24,900 miles at the equator, give or take. Are these spaceships?

#28     May 4, 2006
  9. The problem here is that your English is very poor.

You say "back and forth"...so is the bird flying back and forth (in both directions)?

How "much" miles will the bird cover can be interpreted in at least 2 ways...The distance which the bird actually flew in 1 direction OR the distance shortened by the cars' distance relative to each other.

If you pose the question in proper English, the answer is certainly "less tricky".

#29     May 4, 2006
  10. Ahhh now we add lack of reading to your lack of writing skills.

Here is the pertinent part of the question:

"..how much miles will the bird cover back and forth between each car after 1 hour?"

Back and forth between cars.... not how far the bird travels in general. If the cars are really far apart the bird only goes in one direction. If they are 3 miles apart, the bird will make turns again and again...

Seems like we understand why you only interview traders instead of trading yourself LOL

#30     May 4, 2006