Fading Yen - It has gone parabolic

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gmst, Jan 17, 2013.

1. hey.. i posted this in my journal... but i'm wondering if the math is right

here we go... was looking for an entry short.. this is where i'm taking it..

SLD 25K USD USD.JPY Cash 90.956 JPY IDEALPRO 22:35:17 ChartTrader856098315 sub account
    [/QUOTE]

BOT 25K USD USD.JPY Cash 90.718 JPY IDEALPRO 00:20:51 ChartTrader856098315 sub account

Using USDJPY as an example, this yields:

(.01/130.46) x USD10,000 = $0.77

or 77 cents per pip

25,000 notional a pip (.01) = 1.925

puts me at 23 pips on that trade.. is that 45 bucks???

is that math right??

#51     Jan 29, 2013
  2. (90.956-90.718)x100x2.5-5=54.5
    congrats!

#52     Jan 29, 2013
  3. in a short

((entry-exit)x100)x2.5)-5

2.5 is the notional.. 25k here..
    5 is what you figure i'm paying in commissions at IB...

total pip value x 100 multiplier times notional of trade minus commissions..

i didn't know it exactly.. but when i saw the margin requirements.... i saw the good set up.. and figured i would figure it out later.. i knew it wasn't a killer big position though.. rough figuring..

#53     Jan 29, 2013

4. BOT 25K USD USD.JPY Cash 90.718 JPY IDEALPRO 00:20:51 ChartTrader856098315 sub account

Using USDJPY as an example, this yields:

(.01/130.46) x USD10,000 = $0.77

or 77 cents per pip

25,000 notional a pip (.01) = 1.925

puts me at 23 pips on that trade.. is that 45 bucks???

is that math right??
    [/QUOTE]

Dude...seriously?

the fact that you didn't think to google "pip value calculator" before asking here at ET not only makes me question your trading ability but also your intelligence....I mean placing a trade before you even know your risk :confused:

ET has really become amateur hour and comical

#54     Jan 29, 2013

5. Dude...seriously?

the fact that you didn't think to google "pip value calculator" before asking here at ET not only makes me question your trading ability but also your intelligence....I mean placing a trade before you even know your risk :confused:

ET has really become amateur hour and comical [/B][/QUOTE]

Im stupid and incapable.... Thats what i hear you saying. similar to your last troll... put me on ignore and go find someone that speaks in deep quant math and posts big numbers to worship... Or ask yourself... What have i contributed with my last two posts to cdcaveman... just condesension

#55     Jan 29, 2013
  6. Im stupid and incapable.... Thats what i hear you saying. similar to your last troll... put me on ignore and go find someone that speaks in deep quant math and posts big numbers to worship... Or ask yourself... What have i contributed with my last two posts to cdcaveman... just condesension [/B][/QUOTE]or he could have shared some info

this guy is a real tool

brags that he "Trades for a living" before he cuts somebody down

thinks because he know something that that makes him smart

at any rate, yes, you can use an online pip calculator, but it's betterto be able to calulate longhand like you

www.forex4noobs.com/forex-tools/pip-calculator/

#56     Jan 29, 2013
  7. gmst

gmst

One more scale-in today at 91.25. So, total risk = 1.5%

Typically, when parabolic moves are close to being over, there is both upside and downside volatility. I started this thread on 17th. And from 17th Jan to 24th Jan, market experience significant volatility on daily chart. However, post that market has become quite. This is not a good indicator that parabolic move is getting over. It has been 13 days in the trade. An ideal fade the parabola trade should have been over by now.

At the moment, I am keeping this trade on in the spirit I have described earlier. We will re-evaluate going forward.

#57     Jan 30, 2013

8. So Hurricane adds nothing of value, which begs the question.....

Why is he still here.......?

:D

#58     Jan 30, 2013
  9. get the handle right

hurricane is an oldtime trader who knows a lot about scalping and how to use an ema

HurricaneUS is just a pretender wannabe that lies about trading for a living and thinks he is fooling people

I've asked Hurricane US to change his handle as to not defile hurricane's good name

you can always tell a beginner, because they think they "know" something

Like my truck driving daddy always said, "You can say you are familiar with the road, but don't ever say you know it."

#59     Jan 30, 2013
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I still don't think this is a parabolic move. Just a very orderly trending market.

#60     Jan 31, 2013