Fading Yen - It has gone parabolic

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gmst, Jan 17, 2013.

1. This is interesting.

Mav is right. This is NOT parabolic. There is some possibility that we could see a little pullback for a scalp on intraday. But, to me it looks likes the upside is just getting ready.

If this thing gives me a chance, I want in on a pullback.

#31     Jan 19, 2013
  2. dev

dev

A move like this can easily produce a 5%+ correction, well within my scope of 'tradeable moves' - but certainly not a scalp.
    Especially if usd decides to weaken at the same time as a jpy correction.

As to numbers, how far this way/that way - that's an indulgence that belongs in a tarot reading.

Though looking at those longterm charts, 100 looks interesting if it coincides with a turn.

Will be short when its short, and long when its long.
    If no long jpy moves appear, ill remain short.
    Simples.

#32     Jan 19, 2013
  3. ..

#33     Jan 19, 2013
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

That looks like a real healthy chart. :)

#34     Jan 19, 2013
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I would be careful of trying to over think this stuff. The market is going to do whatever it's going to do. It's best to take a quantitative approach. Usually the biggest moves come when price is going against the prevailing fundamental thinking.

#35     Jan 20, 2013
  6. The move from 250 followed a huge triple top/h&s. I don't see anything here like that.

#36     Jan 20, 2013
  7. pfranz

pfranz

I think a logaritmic chart would be more appropriate for a currency that changed so much.Can someone post the same chart in a logarithmic scale?

#37     Jan 20, 2013
  8. gmst

gmst

So, we managed to get one more scale-in (we were quite lucky as bid-ask on my IB account was 90.25-90.255) and my sell order got through.

So, 0.5% risk on the trade now.

#38     Jan 22, 2013
  9. murrica

murrica

Cool. Are you sticking to your original plan (scale in to 94, stop 96, target 88) ?

#39     Jan 22, 2013
  10. gmst

gmst

I am bidding 0.25% risk at 88 and other 0.25% risk somewhere below 88, if yen takes out 88 (and especially 87), then 'fade to the parabolic setup' will be over for the time being, as we would have seen a 4% correction.

#40     Jan 22, 2013