Fading a Guru

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gotta_trade, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. THIS IS A JOURNAL ABOUT GOTTA_TRADE DEVELOPING A TRADING PLAN AND THEN TRADING IT. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

#61     Apr 14, 2011
  2. In all seriousness, why would you say that I am joking around? I came up with my idea and I stated that within a week, I'll have my trading plan developed and I'll trade it.

I'm in no way joking around. I wanted this journal to show the progress and the completion of developing a detailed trading plan. Then I would document all of my trades, entries, stops, and exits.

I started this tread Tuesday night. It took me one night to select the guru and on Wednesday I spent my night diving into his videos and books. I stated that within a week my trading plan would be developed and I would then take the trades.

But for some reason, the majority of the posters either questioned my motives or wanted to advise me as to which guru I should fade. I believe that most are missing the purpose of my journal. But that's okay, I don't mind.

Trading is about taking advantage of the decisions that other make. Seeing something that others don't see. I have alot of respect for what Larry Williams accomplished, but my objective was to fade the methods that he attempts to teach to others. So in effect, my journal was about fading the perceptions of the people that learn from gurus.

I'm still going to follow through with my plan but I don't plan on posting about it.

Moderator, can you please close this thread and please delete all posts subsequent this post.

Thanks
    gotta_trade

#62     Apr 14, 2011
  3. If you were serious then why aren't you trying to find gurus with really bad records to fade? Isn't the point of the thread to learn something useful that could make mnoney?

#63     Apr 14, 2011
  4. As I mentioned in my previous post:

Trading is about taking advantage of the decisions that other make. Seeing something that others don't see. I have alot of respect for what Larry Williams accomplished, but my objective was to fade the methods that he attempts to teach to others. So in effect, my journal was about fading the perceptions of the people that learn from gurus.

This is my last post in this thread.

Thank you.

P.S. Moderator(s), can you please close this thread and delete any posts the were posted subsequent this post. Thank you.

[Edit by Magna — at gotta_trade's request this journal has been closed]

#64     Apr 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.