Fading a Guru

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gotta_trade, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is pretty much one of the worst threads I've ever read on ET.

gotta_trade: I'm going to fade a guru. What do you think will happen? I wonder which guru I should use.

other posters: (suggestions of gurus)

gotta_trade: I was thinking Larry Williams.

other posters: So you're going to reverse all their orders and stuff?

gotta_trade: Yes. This is. I still gotta pick a guru.

other posters: (stuff)

gotta_trade: This is a journal about me developing a trading plan and then trading it.

other posters: (questions)

gotta_trade: Larry Williams... seminars... strategies... Larry Williams... books... fade...

other posters: (questions)

gotta_trade: I'm watching Larry's videos and reading his books. I'll develop a trading plan. Then, I'll fade it. This is a journal about me developing a trading plan and then trading it.

other posters: (suggestion)

gotta_trade: Thank you. But this is a journal about me watching a few of Larry Williams' seminars and reading some of his books. Then I'm going to develop a trading plan and then trade (fade) it.

other posters: (comment)

gotta_trade: This is a journal about me developing a trading plan and trading it. That's all.

Seriously awful. I'm pretty sure no one else needs to post in this thread because the reply from gotta_trade will be either:

"This is a journal about me developing a trading plan and trading it"

or

"thank you, but this is a journal about me developing a trading plan and trading it"

or

"...Larry Williams... this is a journal about me developing a trading plan and trading it."

So guys, in case you haven't noticed, let me sum it up for you:

This is a thread about gotta_trade developing a trading plan and trading it. His trading plan will be based on Larry Williams materials. He will choose one of Larry William's strategies that he mentions in his books and/or vids and/or seminars, and he will trade or fade it. That's what this thread is about: developing a trading plan based on a Larry Williams' strategy and then trading it or fading it. Since Larry Williams is a guru, he will be fading the Larry Williams strategy that he got from one of Larry Williams books or videos or seminars. He is going to fade it because Larry Williams is a guru and he wants to fade a guru's strategy and that guru is Larry Williams so he's going to use this thread to develop a trading plan and trade it. That is all.

I think that aboust sums it up, am I right?

[​IMG]

#51     Apr 14, 2011
  2. Yes

Although, you are wrong with this part. I never asked people to give me suggestions as to which guru I should use.

#52     Apr 14, 2011
  3. On the ET forum, I would say the term "guru" is almost always used in a sarcastic and derisive manner, but you are picking someone who you feel actually has at some semblance of skill and is worthy of respect (I don't know much about him, myself). If you are intending to fade their methods, doesn't it make more sense to pick a guru who lacks "substance?"

#53     Apr 14, 2011
  4. hence Nodoji.

she is the most guruian on ET. Every week neke lost money, she jumped in and provided advices.

#54     Apr 14, 2011
  5. that's weird. why do you spend time summarizing a thread?

I don't even remember what the previous page said, not to mention summarize the whole thread.

#55     Apr 14, 2011
  6. So much potential for learning something in this thread, but the OP for some reason is joking around.. oh well bad luck you new traders :D

#56     Apr 14, 2011
  7. In post #4 you asked "who?"

#57     Apr 14, 2011
  8. I do believe you completely missed the point of my post. [​IMG]

This thread is a journal for gotta_trade to develop a trading plan and then trade/fade it. He's going to choose a trading strategy from Larry Williams' books, videos, and seminars, and then fade that Larry Williams strategy after he develops it. That process of developing a trading plan and trading it is what this journal is about.

#58     Apr 14, 2011
  9. Agreed.

There were so many options that came to mind:

Fade Jack Hershey in a trading contest... profit!

Fade Woodie's CCI nonsense... profit! You don't even need to look at a price chart to do this one!!! :eek:

Fade Rockwell trading's calls... profit

Fade what's-his-names ergodic system... er... nevermind, he's never posted concise rules nor does he make live calls. I guess you can't do this one.

Fade TRO's stuff. Oh wait, he doesn't post live calls, either. Although his indicators sure make trading look easy [​IMG] That dude is a master of ambiguity, though.

I'm sure there are more to choose from. These were just the "gurus" that came to mind initially.

#59     Apr 14, 2011
  10. But, since he is doing his own interpretation of Larry William's signals (not fading an actual call from a LW newsletter), isn't he starting with the assumption that he fully understands the LW strategy he is choosing such that he would trade it EXACTLY as LW would?

And if he doesn't interpret it EXACTLY like LW would, isn't he actually fading...himself?

#60     Apr 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.