Fading a Guru

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gotta_trade, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfranco

jfranco

you just said you will do the exact opposite..if he sais buy than sell

#11     Apr 12, 2011
  2. Exactly, I'll study and learn his or her strategy and I'll do the exact opposite. I'll post all of my orders (entries, exits, stops, and fills) immediately after I enter the trades with my broker.

#12     Apr 12, 2011
  3. http://www.gurufocus.com/StockBuy.php?GuruName=Ken+Heebner

This guy is a guru and a big time loser, seems like a good place to start.:eek:

He lost almost 50% in 2008. Missed opportunities in 2009. His fund is still one-third below where it was in Jan. 2008. He must be losing a lot of clients. But who knows, maybe now is the best time to invest in his fund.

:D

#13     Apr 12, 2011
  4. Sounds good, but I would like to select a guru that does very well. A guru that claims that they have the answer. You know, the gurus that make their money teaching the public how to trade. I have to be decisive, so right off the bat, I'm gonna narrow it down to either Pristine, Larry Williams or Joe Ross. Then I have to select one of their strategies.

#14     Apr 12, 2011
  5. What if they just suck at placing stops and reading market volatility? Are you just fading their direction or using identical stops, risk, etc. Are you actually going to sign up for the service of the guru?

#15     Apr 12, 2011
  6. I'm going to pick a guru and trade their strategy (or one of their strategies).

However, I'll place my trades taking the other side. When a guru's strategy says go long, I'll go short. Their profit target will be my stop loss. Their stop loss will be my profit target. I'm not going to over complicate this. If I make money, I make money. If I don't, I don't. Either way, I'm sure that I'll learn something.

#16     Apr 12, 2011
  7. sumfuka

sumfuka

Warren Buffet

#17     Apr 12, 2011
  8. pma

pma

Might I suggest something along the lines of a trade based on more mainstream media. The Sunday paper for example. The picks that the "Motley Fool" put out come to mind.:D

#18     Apr 12, 2011
  9. Fade Nodoji, she is the ET board guru, she routinely teaches neke how to trade.

#19     Apr 13, 2011
  10. Ok,

After it does not work, feel free to pm me, and I will explain why both you and the guru lost money.

#20     Apr 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.