Fading a Guru

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gotta_trade, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everyone,

If i start a journal fading a guru, what will happen?

I'll use rock solid discipline (which I have) doing the exact opposite of a guru's strategy.

If I do this, do you think I'll make money?

I always wanted to do this.

But before I select a guru and then select a strategy, (in all seriousness), what do you all think will be the end result?

Thanks,

gotta_trade

P.S. I'll post all entries, exits, and stops real time.

2. Before I begin, I'll have to develop a trading plan.

I'm gonna have to select a guru and a trading strategy.

3. jfranco

jfranco

so if the guru sais buy here..your gonna sell here..? i think i have the right person to follow than lol

4. Ok who?

Keep in mind that i would like to do this as if I was really attempting to learn and profit from their strategy. I have to be able to develop a clear cut trading plan and follow it with rock solid discipline.

5. Sometimes you'll be right and sometimes you'll be wrong. Gees sounds like fun. :cool:

I hope Cramer isn't on your guru list.:D

6. For starters, as far as money management is concerned, I think most gurus would recommend that I don't risk more than 2% per trade. I'll predefine my risk and not risk more than 2% per trade.

Hey, I'm developing a trading plan.

7. I'd like to find someone that offers the complete package. Entry, protective stops, profit targets, etc. A well known guru. Someone that unquestionably makes their money from teaching traders how to trade, you know a true guru.

8. When I think of guru, people like Joe Ross, Larry Williams and Jake Bernstein come to mind. Pristine Trading too.

Keep in mind that I need a somewhat clear cut strategy to follow.

9. jfranco

jfranco

HAHA!

10. I have to be somewhat decisive, so I'm gonna trade stocks EOD and I won't risk more than 2% per trade.

I'm developing a trading plan!

I gotta pick a guru!

Keep in mind, I'm doing this to try to make money. I'll give it a fair chance.

#10     Apr 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.