FactCheck.org: GOP “Pledge To America” Wrong On Facts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Sep 27, 2010.

1. You can try to drown out and dodge the question again but the fact is that the GOP number were no estimates - they just like to call it 'trillion dollars' because it sounds worse on TV. That's why you cant post a single source backing it up, fox bot. :p

[​IMG]

#41     Sep 29, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you are certainly proof that every gene pool has a shallow end.

i'm sorry, but you're not going to get be to do your research for you and go look up the gop estimate.

[​IMG]

#42     Sep 29, 2010
  3. You haven't answered my question, where is this estimate that you keep talking about, keep in mind - Hannity talking points don't count. :D

Point me to the GOP estimate, here is the CBO estimate Fact-check.org used.

http://cbo.gov/ftpdocs/117xx/doc11706/08-24-ARRA.pdf

#43     Sep 29, 2010
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't give a rat's ass about your question. As I have said throughout this thread, it's not my job to look up the GOP estimate. If you want to disprove it, you do it.

You posted the factcheck stuff, and I posted facts behind why it is based on shaky premise. You want me now to go and do the same for the GOP, because you're too fat, dumb and lazy to look it up yourself.

#44     Sep 29, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, just rereading this thread I noticed that your comment here was posted four minutes after your previous comment. LOL.

#45     Sep 29, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

Now this may just be me, but it seems by most standards we have spent atleast 700 billion in stimulus so far.

The stimulus money was all borrowed, at a rate of 2.5% roughly, well the government also has to pay the spread on that, so lets say they paid .5% to the syndicate creating the market for the bonds. 2.5% plus .5% = 3%

700 bill *3%*9years = 910 billion dollars. (not compounding since it was most likely paid on longer term bonds not t-bills, treasuries, etc.)

This is a lowball number, as interest rates are near zero, if you want to factor in higher interest rates obviously this thing will cost us a hell of alot more. Interest rates can not possibly go down much more at this point, but they have alot of room to move up.

Sorry Hermit but once you throw in the fact that this was spent on 100% borrowed dollars it comes alot closer to 1 trillion over 10 years then you think, and 20 years from now the cost will be twice as much.

#46     Sep 29, 2010
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

rapid fire exchanges often do that.

#47     Sep 30, 2010