FACT: The U.S. is bankrupt! Yes, bankrupt!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by mutluit, May 23, 2013.

1. Gee wiz! I gotta save $3,000,000 for retirement. That effectively puts my debt to income ratio at 60 to 1, or 6000%. Am I bankrupt???

Come on guys! Use your brains!!

#41     May 25, 2013
  2. Humpy

Humpy

There should be large savings when the Alaskan oil gets on stream. But prices are likely to go up if the pollies ban foreign oil.

Drop medicare/Obama care and the situation doesn't look so bad. Clear out the jails and cancel unemployment benefit and things would look rosier by the hour. Tax the rich properly and phew, solvent again soon !!

It is just that there is about as much will power in the democratic system as a jelly wobbling.

Bunch of mean, selfish, incompetent yuks !!

#42     May 26, 2013
  3. Humpy

Humpy

Some bright spark pointed out that the US is too big to let go but I would like to add the big booby is also too big to save besides they seem unstoppable on the suicidal paths of foolishness.

Are they being pushed by a superior power ? Can't really see an obvious one. Terrorism is little more than a knat bite occassionally.
    Must be internal. Either the 18th century system is breaking down or the wrong sort are calling the shots.

The main reason a mere foreigner cares is because their failure will affect us too. So pull yer fingers out of yer earholes US people and do something sensible for a change.

Dear oh dear - like a bunch of retarded teenagers on drugs !!

#43     May 26, 2013
  4. the point is, if there is a war in the Mideast and oil goes up, or it doesn't rain in the Midwest and food goes up, what do you want the Fed to do about it?

#44     May 26, 2013
  5. I don't have much respect for people who blame high prices at the grocery store on the money supply

#45     May 26, 2013
  6. You lie by omission. The "easy money" liquidity pump puts in an artificially high "baseline" for all commodity prices...hence, WHEN there is an exogenous event, prices spike even higher.

It wasn't that long ago that we had $10 bbl crude oil.

#46     May 26, 2013
  7. I thought I was on your ignore list

what do you want the fed to do when it quits raining?

If war breaks out in the Mideast, how high should rates go?

#47     May 26, 2013
  8. oldtime why are you quoting yourself? your more confusing than the movie looper but i have looper figured out now at least.

#48     May 26, 2013
  9. well, far be it from me to be a nitpicking school marm

but it is a contraction

you+are=you're

#49     May 26, 2013
  10. your implies possession

#50     May 26, 2013