Fact Checking Covid-Denier Nonsense

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Oct 16, 2021.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's start with fact checking the latest idiocy being pushed by unhinged Covid-deniers.

Widow of scientist who invented PCR test hits out at Covid denier conspiracists who claim he was murdered by Fauci
    https://www.the-sun.com/news/3865900/pcr-covid-test-kary-mullis-fauci-theory/

THE widow of the genius Nobel Prize-winning scientist who invented the PCR test has hit back at the “Covid loony resistance” for spreading wild conspiracy theories about him online.

Biochemist Kary Mullis came up with the polymerase chain reaction in 1983 but died from pneumonia in August 2019, months before it was rolled out across the world during the pandemic to diagnose Covid.

Since then several old video interviews have gone viral online where Mullis can be seen saying that the PCR “doesn’t tell you if you’re sick” and slamming Dr Anthony Fauci for his role in the AIDS crisis.

Conspiracy theorists have used the videos to claim the maverick man of science was murdered because he would supposedly have revealed that PCR tests produce fake Covid cases.

Some have gone to the extreme of suggesting that Fauci, 80, may have somehow orchestrated his scientific rival’s death to keep him quiet.

The Sun reached out to his grieving widow Nancy Mullis, who blasted the allegations as “annoying and egregious”.

Addressing the conspiracy theories for the first time, the former teacher, 74, said: “These Covid loonies have come out of the woodwork to tell me that Kary was probably killed to keep him from talking about Covid and that Fauci might be behind it.

“This is so ludicrous. I had to make my Facebook page private because of these kinds of people.

“What Kary said about Fauci and PCR being used to diagnose AIDS was 25 to 30 years ago.

“What people have done now is cobble together snippets of various videos but conveniently left out the AIDS part to make it seem that he’s talking about Covid.

“It’s terribly annoying since Kary died in August 2019 before Covid was even in the news.

“It’s completely egregious to me.

2. Overnight

Overnight

Fact-check your sources, man. You are quoting The Sun, which is a known tabloid rag, It has been since the late 1970s - early 1980s.

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Israeli Doctor's Misrepresented To Claim COVID-19 Vaccines Do Not Work
    Dr Kobi Haviv was in fact encouraging vaccination in the interview, which has been edited to make it appear he says the COVID-19 shot is ineffective.
    https://www.boomlive.in/world/fake-news-israel-doctor-kobi-haviv-covid-19-vaccines-ineffective-15136

Footage of an Israeli doctor speaking about COVID-19 vaccines has been viewed more than one million times in social media posts that claim he criticises the jabs. The posts are misleading; the doctor was in fact encouraging vaccination in the full interview, which has been edited to make it appear he says the shot is ineffective.

The video was posted on Twitter here on August 6, 2021, and has been viewed more than 1.3 million times.

The clip features various extracts from a TV interview with Israeli doctor Kobi Haviv.

The tweet purports to show quotes from the interview that appear to cast doubt on the efficacy of Covid-19 vaccines:
    "'95% of the severe patients are vaccinated',
    "'85-90% of the hospitalisations are in Fully vaccinated people.'
    "'We are opening more and more COVID wards.' "'The effectiveness of the vaccine is waning/fading out'."

[​IMG]

Screenshot of the misleading tweet, taken on October 6, 2021
    The video was shared on multiple other platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit in various languages, including French, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Turkish and Hungarian.

However, the posts are misleading. The posts misquote the doctor, take his comments out of context and omit key context from the full interview, in which he encourages COVID-19 vaccination.

(Much more demonstrating the complete misinformation in these social media posts at above url)

4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's fact-check today's misinformation being pushed on the internet. Sadly there are posters on ET who continually re-post and push this anti-vax Covid-denier nonsense from social media. Seeing that Covid misinformation is killing tens of thousands of people across the globe these people really have not shame.

Claim:“Corona PCR ‘test’ is implanting a microchip.”

COVID-19 tests are not part of a conspiracy to microchip people

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...19-tests-are-not-part-conspiracy-microchip-p/

There is no evidence to support the claim that PCR tests for COVID-19 implant a microchip into the people being tested.
    The woman making the claim was unable to explain her fabricated theory, and she has also falsely claimed that COVID-19 testing is a secret blood harvesting operation.

[​IMG]

(More at above url)

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL

Fact check. The Sun. LOL!!

upload_2021-10-22_10-7-51.jpeg

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I get that there's no microchip in the vaccine, that's absurd. But it makes sense about the egg in it, the one that becomes a parasite, eggs are small and organic. It makes sense.

8. piezoe

piezoe

What would be nice to know is the real origin of this disruptive insanity. I wonder if U.S. intelligence knows. And if they do, why aren't they telling us? . Is it those pesky Russians again (or still), UAE or the Saudis again. Paul Manafort's out of prison! Actually that entire bunch of lunatics that were active in the 2016 election were let loose by Trump. And Deripaska got around sanctions by putting his U.S. property in relatives names. He was one of the facilitators last time. Got McConnell to kill more sanctions in exchange for a new Kentucky Aluminum plant. It's a toss-up. Manafort or McConnell, who's worse?. Then there is that flaky Gen. Flynn. This is a fantastic cast of characters. Jesus! I almost forget about the Ukrainian Twins, lev and what's his name, the two guys Trump "never met'em", "I get my picture with a lot of people." Going to make for one helluva great Broadway Musical Starring: "They were surprised how much I knew about viruses" Trump ; "Those are our Ventilators" Kushner ; and "I Really Don't Care" Melanomia.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  9. piezoe

piezoe

It's a small ostrich egg. Once it is injected into your body it continues to grow.

10. ipatent

ipatent

Anyone can set up a fact checking website. Expose the little lies to keep the big ones in place.

#10     Oct 22, 2021