FACT CHECK: Ryan takes factual shortcuts in speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Actually Suriname (694 days!!!) is dead last.

#31     Aug 30, 2012
  2. hughb

hughb

Yes, I hadn't clicked on your link prior to my post, I was referring to a different World Bank survey.

#32     Aug 30, 2012
  3. From FOX News, that Liberal crazy network.

"2. Deceiving
    On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz253cnahBe

#33     Aug 30, 2012
  4. Epic

Epic

You do realize that it was an opinion article from a Liberal contributor at Fox News?

It is "deceiving" to attempt to validate an article's contents by suggesting that the author is a conservative simply because she works for Fox News. Alan Combs works at Fox also, does that mean that he is conservative, and his critiques of Ryan or Romney should therefore carry more weight?

#34     Aug 30, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

There's something to be said for a good conniption every now and then.

#35     Aug 30, 2012
  6. No deception on my part, and if you think that FOX doesn't filter everything they post, well, you know.

It was so bad, so very bad, that even their own Network had to allow this make it to the media outlets.

#36     Aug 30, 2012