Facists in D.C. now trying to banish the good times you've had fishing!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Oct 14, 2009.

1. over 70% of those incarcerated are in for violent or property related crimes. Seems more likely to me that our high incarceration rate is due to flawed social policy, not the workings of a police state bent on controlling dissent or whatever.

#41     Oct 15, 2009
  2. What's funny is that you're sitting at a computer with nearly unlimited access to information, you still have every right to vote for who you please, express dissent without fear of being jailed, be represented by an attorney and be judged by a group of your peers if you are ever arrested, and you still believe that we live in a repressive police state. I'm not saying the US is perfect by any stretch of the imagination... but come on man. You really don't think "police state" is a bit of a stretch here?

#42     Oct 15, 2009
  3. Flawed social policy...absolutely. A government that fails to take responsibility to serve and protect and instead intimidate and incarcerate instead..absolutely. That 70% number on the surface appears to be pure violent offenders, but without knowing the facts I guess anybody can be labeled "violent". If i`m busted with cannabis and my shotgun is in the closet, am I a violent offender? Under our laws - a big hell yes.

I do not think the high prisoner to civilian number is due to sqaushing "dissent or whatever". I think it is just easier to lock up and militarize(and more profitable). This new attitude of intimidate vs the old serve and protect has become the norm since the patriot act. Couple this in with the FBI`s ability since 2002 to carry out "general topical research" in any fashion...and I think we have swiftly moved toward a police state.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm
    Most serious offense Percent of sentenced
    State inmates
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1995 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 100 % 100 %
    Violent 47 53
    Property 23 19
    Drug 22 20
    Public-order 9 8

How about the other 30%..drugs? Are you kidding me...that war was lost 100 years ago. Why are we still "fighting" it?

#43     Oct 15, 2009
  4. Unlimited information now - net neutraility will be a thing of the past real soon.

Vote - for what the status quo "two party system"..yah OK.

Express dissent without fear - are you kidding me, look what happens when people oppose the current POTUS? they are labeled racist or anti-american or terrorist. You try walking up to Nancy Pelosi and telling her she is a public service twat that lives in an ivory tower and flies private jets across country on the taxpayers dime and see if you dont get locked up for assualt.

Judged by peers - So what, if charges are trumped up how can you possibly win...even if you get off light you lose

#44     Oct 15, 2009
  5. There's nothing easy about our prison system at all. All in all it costs the US about 200 billion annually to maintain. Year after year the US ranks number 1 for total crimes committed. We lead the number 2 spot by over 5 million. So yeah, it's no wonder that we have the highest incarceration rate... We have the most crime.

#45     Oct 15, 2009
  6. I really doubt this will happen.

What about a 3rd party candidate?

There's an entire television network dedicated to criticizing the president. It's called Fox News. As for the second part, I'm 100% positive that if I approached Nancy Pelosi and asked her a legitimate question I would not be carted away to a FEMA gulag.

simple. hire vinny gambini to represent you.

#46     Oct 15, 2009
  7. Good question. I fully support legalization and heavy regulation/taxation of drugs.

#47     Oct 15, 2009
  8. dsq

dsq

Ninety percent of all fishstock on the planet has been fished out.Hello???Sport fish are all endangered now like marlin,sword,blue fin tuna etc.Maybe these fat asses should get in a row boat and catch mackerel instead.These idiots couldnt catch a fish if they couldnt park their fat butts in a motorized yacht with giant rods.Its about as much sport as golf is or watching nascar on tv.
    We need to conserve the little that remains of our fish.What part of conservative is it that conservatives dont understand?

#48     Oct 16, 2009
  9. pma

pma

They can have my fishing rod when they pry it from my cold,dead fingers :)

#49     Oct 16, 2009
  10. Agree except for the taxation part. IMO all taxes are insiduous. Time is our most valuable asset as humans. And the time we put ourselves to work to pay taxes will never be recouped. Thats pure evil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`m gonna leave this convo at I think America is experiencing liberty in eclipse. And that you disagree. We wont change each others minds.

Time to get back to trading. The only reason I ever find myself in P&R is when i`m 100% in cash...and cash is the devils plaything.

It was a pleasure wasting time with you. :p

#50     Oct 16, 2009