Facebook worths $10+ billion?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Sep 24, 2007.

1. It's worth at least $50 Billion!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!:D

So 2005, move on to the next next big thing. :D

#21     Sep 25, 2007
  2. Tums

Tums

also information about what have you been doing -- people update their status daily, sometimes 2~3 times a day.

This FB thing will be 100x more powerful than GOOG.

#22     Sep 25, 2007
  3. Great post, will. Same idea applies to apple in my view.

#23     Sep 25, 2007
  4. I can hardly wait for the IPO (assuming it happpens)

I will have a huge order ready or wait till the preorder

Anyway this will be the best investment possibly in the 21st century.

Facebook's growth and potential is unlimited as society approaches type 1 technological singularity. The possibilities are endless.

#24     Sep 25, 2007
  5. Net worth? Bank account balance?

#25     Sep 25, 2007
  6. personal info can be sold but the value in facebook lies in audience numbers and growth

#26     Sep 25, 2007
  7. now worth an additional 100 million

#27     Sep 28, 2007
  8. cszulc

cszulc

And then comes to newest Tech Bubble again, with Facebook and all the other web too-much-hyped crap declining 80% in one day. How is Facebook a sustainable business model? People will always find something else to socially network on. There is always something new and better coming out.

#28     Sep 28, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Facebook is not a sustainable business model, its been hype since day one. Its a social networking site like all the rest of them. Why anyone would invest in this company or any other social networking site is beyond me. It doesnt take much money to build one and get attention to it. MSFT is better off buying YHOO than making any pathetic investment in facebook. Im sure as quick as it came it will fade.

Has anyone heard of Friendster?? It was one of the first social networking sites about 4 or 5 years ago? Not many people have heard of it, it came and went, just like the top 3 social networking sites will come and go.

MSFT should NOT make the investment in Facebook, its already overvalued at what people previously thought it was worth, $1 billion.

The Journal reports that private Facebook this year expects to make $30 million profit on $150 million in revenues.

#29     Sep 28, 2007
  10. S2007S

S2007S

WEB 2.0 HYPE is all it is. Just like the internet bubble of the last 1990's expect a bubble in WEB 2.0 to go pop.

#30     Sep 28, 2007