Facebook worths $10+ billion?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Sep 24, 2007.

1. fusionz

fusionz

there's a ton of growth right now for internet advertising. A lot more people use the internet regularly now than the .com days and the advertising is a lot more effective. I'm not sure if facebook is worth $10 billion, but social networking isn't going away anything soon.

#11     Sep 24, 2007

2. How are these sites being monetized.

Rupert Murdoch keeps crowing on how myspace is worth 10 times what he purchased it for, and yet he is losing money running the site. Beats me what all the hype is all about.

#12     Sep 24, 2007
  3. Worth 20-30 billion based on growth , profitability, and audience. Facebook is essentially a full blown media company like Cnn.

#13     Sep 24, 2007
  4. Facebook's value is unlimited, more so to a national security entity (think: CIA, Mi6, Mossad).

All in one, you have from almost every person on there:

IPs
    name
    address
    workplace(s)
    school(s)
    email address(es)
    sexual preferences
    political views
    friends (aka collaborators, if it comes to it..gulp)
    interests
    groups
    places travelled/countries visited
    credit card info (if you send a gift)
    pictures
    phone #
    ads clicked on

Did I miss anything?
    :(

Edit: you do realize that the "Patriot" Act means that this info can and will be used against you without a warrant?

#14     Sep 24, 2007
  5. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i know some of the people who work there. i won't comment on the valuation, but i will share this observation with you that i heard recently from a VC......"facebook is the first mega-technology platform ceo'ed by a virgin (at the time) and a crew of mostly virgins."

i don't know if its true....just passing it on for your entertainment. but i think if it is indeed true it has some interesting implications.

PS i know what some of you are thinking............no i'm not. lol.

#15     Sep 25, 2007
  6. Like real estate, a share of common stock, Snickers, and golfing, Facebook is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, period!

#16     Sep 25, 2007
  7. vansmarket

vansmarket Guest

Yahoo bought broadcast.com and had geo.

yahoo management can do anything of their own but burn corporate money and buying overpriced companies... very typical of corporate management in general in America

#17     Sep 25, 2007
  8. if facebook does Ipo It will surge 300-500% in fist day trading and keep going higher from there.

it will end year up 1300%

and have a 10000+ pe ratio

This will be huge

#18     Sep 25, 2007
  9. vansmarket

vansmarket Guest

you are wrong.

that theory works in both ways

it's is worth what the 'market' says it's worth.

the 'MARKET' can change 'instantly'

only fraudsters would say that.

#19     Sep 25, 2007
  10. vansmarket

vansmarket Guest

the yahoo bid was bullshit

and the rejection of the bid was bluff..

it's hocus pocus...to draw higher bids even though there are no serious bids.

#20     Sep 25, 2007