Facebook worth 60 billion someday?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BwPirt, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I will also add that once data is added to facebook it is permanent. Once I have seen a release bug repost every single wall post to my wall, as in all of the "deleted" ones. There is a current bug now that is on the iphone/touch interface because they added comments functionality to pictures on that interface. I noticed an image that has 1 comment when I open FB in a browser, but when I open the same image on the ibrick it shows 8 comments. The additional comments stem from one friend who deactivated his account and another that deleted his account (reopened under pseudonym).

ps - Have you noticed that there is no "delete post," but it is instead phrased "remove post?" Hedging future litigation risk on this subject...

:D

#41     Mar 4, 2011
  2. For me putting a value on something is realtive, I can say my computer is worth $5000 but if say another computer with much better specs is selling in the market for $5500 then everyone knows Im full of shit...now let me get to my point.

Apple is worth $300 billion ...according to GS FB is $50 billion in NO universe can you tell me FB is worth one sixth of Apple. Apple actually provides something to the public Facebook just provides a distraction. When you tell me Zuckerberg has done more for this world than Steve Jobs is the day I will climb under a rock and or change my name to Fly Down whichever is worse

#42     Mar 4, 2011
  3. topeak

topeak

i agree.

FB is but one of many social networking sites that
    manage to hit bank. but for how long? no actual
    new updates are made besides annoying layout changes.

APPLE on the other hand has tech upgrades to its
    innovations and some rumor today of APPLE not liking
    FB (business insider). so that should play a part.

being the hypocrite that i am, i use FB religiously
    and don't own a mac! but...looks like i'll have to switch soon!

#43     Mar 4, 2011
  4. Facebook will have a bigger impact on the world than Apple, easily.

People will log onto their Apple device to get access to Facebook.

All of you old guys will die,
    your children will be on facebook,
    their children will be on facebook,
    their children will be on facebook.

Kids will be introduced to Facebook and use it their entire lives.

I do not expect old people to make FB grow.
    The youth will make it explode.

Myspace is DEAD. Friendster is DEAD.
    FB has become huge, and it is here to stay. No one is going to ditch, because all their friends are on it. Their family is on it. The girl they like uses it.
    People try to quit and they always come back, because it has become essential. Not essential to YOU, YOU are years away from death, it is for the new generations, those being RAISED on the god damn internet.

Hmm ... how can I explain it....
    When I write papers, I can't think of a word, or need to look up a fact, in 10 seconds I switch to google type it up and I have what I need. Google / The Internet has become an extension of my own being. I rely on it, more than my own mind, for information. The internet is part of my being.
    I was born in 1984, before PCs and the internet.
    If I am glued, everyone younger than me is glued, and hooked even more.
    Just like google has become a second brain for me, FB has also evolved as an integrated utility for my life. It is where people go to communicate. It makes communication quicker.

My mother calls 15 friends to chat about whatever is new.

The new generations will post on FB and all 15 friends will read it and comment in a matter of 30 seconds.

As someone else said, FB has the potential, it is up to them. If they screw up, they screw up.

#44     Mar 4, 2011
  5. I understand but just to clarify I was born in 1988 and it is easy for me to stay away from facebook in fact I havent been there in months.

It wont change the world...it would be like saying gmail will change the world...it provides communication but it doesnt add anything to society that wasnt already there.

#45     Mar 4, 2011
  6. BwPirt

BwPirt

7. Everything facebook does was already possible with myspace, yet myspace died. Facebook will die too.

#47     Mar 4, 2011
  8. None of this matters, fellas.

Just wait for the IPO.

After there is enuf data collected to supply you system, trade what you see, and not what you think.

#48     Mar 4, 2011
  9. BwPirt

BwPirt

Is there any indication when that will be?

#49     Mar 4, 2011
  10. That's what they said about America Online.

#50     Mar 4, 2011