Facebook Trade

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jonbig04, May 12, 2008.

1. Finally some people on my side chime in. facebook is superior to myspace in all sorts of ways. I know a lot of people who have both myspace and facebook and prefer facebook. Facebook is a little more mature than myspace, and a more intelligent.

As far as add potential goes, Im no expert, but I do have one example. I have a facebook account. There are all sorts of applications you can download for your page which are free. sounds stupid, but its not. The one I have is simply a map of the world. You put pins on all the places you have been and you also put pins on places you plan to go. I'm planning to go to Vegas in july so i have a pin there. Yesterday I get an email with all sorts of help info and LINKS to vegas related travel sites etc. Like i said Im not expert, but Im sure there is big potential when a company can target VERY specific people with very particular interests. IE going to Vegas in july.

#21     May 13, 2008
  2. Only smart guy in this thread.

I can't believe how some of the rest of you talk out of your a$$es. Just make up some numbers or pull them out of the air, they don't have to be relevant to anything. Knuckleheads. Please dont post if you're that ignorant.

#22     May 13, 2008
  3. If this goes IPO its gonna be huge. No doubt. I really hope it does go public cause I know I'll make a killing.

#23     May 13, 2008
  4. What is Facebook?

#24     May 13, 2008
  5. This is the point a number of people have made. Before myspace it was friendster, soon another better social networking site will pop up and everyone will move to that from facebook and myspace won't be used at all. These sites are way over-valued, I give their shelf life about 5 years before they become dinosaurs, how much ad revenue can you make in that time?

5yr

#25     May 13, 2008
  6. Completely wrong. Google and yahoo have been around for 10 years. Why hasn't something 'better' taken over?

I know how things work.

#26     May 14, 2008
  7. 240 million is nothing for MSFT. Even if it costs double that MSFT would have paid it to get their foot into the door before GOOG did.

#28     May 24, 2009
  8. You sound like one of those defenders of penny stocks on Yahoo message board that can't take criticism of your precious little stock.

There is quite a bit of history in social networking. Xanga.com used to be popular and around 2006 Myspace caught up to them in popularity and and subsequent years destroyed them. Same thing can easily happen with Facebook.

And on another note Myspace and Facebook are not one and two on Asia, South America, and Europe. Just like how Google is not #1 in China.

#29     May 24, 2009