Facebook touted as next GOOG, CEO touted as new Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jul 23, 2007.

1. varuns

varuns

LOL that is probably the best way to put it. I have been very perturbed by this thread- glad to see some intelligent people around.

#21     Jul 24, 2007
  2. I would buy for the short term, this is the only website people in their 40s at work go on, along with all the 20somethings at work.

I think most people spend about 1hr-2hrs on this site everyday at work, it got so bad, an email was sent out about Facebook.

#22     Jul 24, 2007
  3. I don't understand why people are talking about going short or long with it. The company hasn't gone public yet!!

#23     Jul 25, 2007
  4. No, you're the one that continuously shows just how dumb & stubborn you are.

There are at least a handful of these facebook/myspace sites. Remember Friendster? That was one of the originals. They just keep popping up, as people get tired of one, they move on to the next one with more attention.

The new social networking phenomena is beyond just a website. That's old news already. Just like your lack of intelligence.

#24     Jul 25, 2007
  5. Um except that facebook's growth exceeds that of friendster (and all other major social networks )and it has 11% of the social networking marketshare behind myspace.

#25     Jul 25, 2007
  6. Uhm, it's gonna go through the same phase as friendster & myspace. It gets too popular, polluted by SPAM, data miners, ads, whackos and people move on to the new thing.

Tell me, what is so f**king special about facebook that distinguishes it from myspace, hi5, meetup, friendster & any other "social" network, besides the hype?

These social networking websites are getting played out.

#26     Jul 25, 2007
  7. honestly who cares about social networking market share? it's just a useless fad at best. Companies like Google and Yahoo are alive because many people rely on them for work, no one relys on facebook or myspace or any other of these social networking garbage. I highly doubt a a social networking business alone can achieve anything spetacular, news corp bought myspace as a tool to channel viewers to their other business offerings.

#27     Jul 25, 2007
  8. so far facebook has no spam *yet*

#28     Jul 25, 2007
  9. Facebook is not a social networking site. The CEO has said repeatedly that they are a software company. Their purchase of Parakey and successful platform development shows they are going in different direction. Mark Z. reminds me of a young John D Rockefeller. Everyone thought Standard Oil was just a carosene peddler. Boy were they wrong! And so shall it be with Facebook.

#29     Jul 26, 2007
  10. Acerbits question was very justified. Right now Facebook is a "story company" nothing more. And at that, a story stock with revenues of $100m.

Mark Z. reminds me of a guy that might go down as the biggest dumba** in history for not accepting Yahoo's $1bln dollar offer to buy out his garbage company.

#30     Jul 26, 2007