Facebook Rejects Funding At $4B Valuation

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallstYouth, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Youtube, facebook, twitter, all are losing games. High bandwidth, low revenue

I would sell out to become a millionaire fast if I was them

2. ICQ --> MSN --> Facebook --> ??

ego. why not bail before everyone migrates to the next greatest thing...

3. +1

Ego for sure. Facebook will be obsolete soon enough, superceded by the next fad.

4. dewton

dewton

facebook doesn't provide anything of real tangible value to society... i'd say its worth $20 million at most. Zuckerberg was right in rejecting the $4 billion offer, because facebook is worth a whole lot less.

5. I respect Mark Zuckerberg for holding on honestly. The obvious thing is to cash out, but when your that young
    what are you going to do with the remaining 50-60 years of your life that would be more fun than running facebook? Either way he is going to cash out a very rich man, may as well enjoy the ride.

6. You should read about the CEO of EToys. From what I recall, he held his shares the whole way down during the dot com bust.

At one point he was worth something like a billion dollars. By 2002 he was worth a few million.

Zuckerberg made a huge mistake.

7. Your opinion and market insight are clearly valid.

8. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I set up a Facebook account about six months ago. I already made contact with all my high school buddies, figured out they are now complete losers, played some Mob Wars, and sent a few drinks to everyone. Every day visits turned into every week visits and now I visit my FB account about once a month. I imagine that i am not the only one who goes through this exact chain of events.

FB offers no long-term value to its users. Plain and simple. Short on arrival.

9. bkveen3

bkveen3

None of you have obviously ever used facebook. Most college student consider facebook an extension of themselves. Facebook is an extremely well run company and it is constantly changing to become the newest thing so that no one ever has a desire to leave. I'm 21 and I can't imagine deleting my fb. Its has a lot of creative revenue streams and I have no doubt it will be around for a long time to come. Just my two cents.

#10     Apr 22, 2009