Facebook - IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SouthAmerica, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Opulence

Opulence

YES! I don't see how a $4 Billion Dollar a year company is worth anywhere near $75-100 Billion Dollars. They could be worth probably $40 Billion at the most, IMO. I haven't seen their financial sheets, so there's no way to tell. Who knows, they probably have a ton of cash and intangible assets on the books. I do, however, believe that Facebook have cash flows that they're not telling the public about. Why? Because, I believe that cash flow comes from the money they make selling user's information. The $4 Billion dollar figure is from advertising, but I'm sure they make even more from selling the information users put on their profiles.

#11     Apr 12, 2012
  2. April 16, 2012

SouthAmerica: About 4 days ago my Facebook wall tuned into “Timeline” automatically.

Since then my Facebook wall has been turned into a useless piece of crap.

Some Jackass came up with this timeline shit, and at the same time he/she was able to make Facebook a worthless obsolete empty shell.

Under this new timeline system I can't find many of my older postings, and when I post new stuff part of the posting disappears.

I would stop going to Facebook 100 percent, if I was not connect to many members of my family - since I enjoy watching the pictures that they take during most weekends of barbecues, family gatherings, and pictures of the kids.

I also noticed that Facebook is fast losing its initial appeal - I spend very little time on Facebook on a daily basis - and my nephew told me that he does not check his Facebook account everyday, and he also is cutting his Facebook visits to a minimum.

Regarding my circle of friends on Facebook, they have reduced the number of their postings and also the time that they spend visiting Facebook.

It is possible that Facebook has already reached the point of being just another declining fad.

One thing I can tell you from practical experience: they have managed to turn the Facebook wall into a piece of garbage and nothing else.

My suggestion for Facebook users: post your stuff on Blogger then just post the link to that webpage into your Facebook wall - that way you know where your postings are if you need to retrieve some information that you need in the future.

That is a good thing that Facebook has made this change before Facebook stock coming IPO - after the IPO Facebook stock should have a realistic market cap in the range of $ 75 to $ 100 million dollars.

A Facebook market cap in the range of $ 75 to $ 100 billion dollars should be reached only if you are making the valuation of Facebook market cap in Zimbabwean dollar.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

#12     Apr 16, 2012
  3. Can't wait to short this sucker. Only have one account and barely use it at all. Do you even see a lot of posts in Facebook? They're something like this crap "Today sucks" "OMG this music video is so cool" "She's now my new BFF" "x and y is now friends"

Just a place used for ranting and post useless comments. It's useful to keep in touch with friends but sharing personal data like phone # and home address carry a big risk. It's also a playground for hackers as many hackers can hack into anyone's Facebook account for breakfast. Not to mention what you post on Facebook can have consequences as employers may find that your comments/personality are a big turn off especially when you're ranting about your current employment. In the future, beside a background check, employers might even do a "Facebook check" as well just to know about their chances of being bad mouthed by you.

Yes, they are selling your data to third parties and I believe this has always been their intention from the beginning: to create something so popular that money can be made by data mining and eventually ripping off people via the IPO.

Demographic wise, a good chunk of the users are kids or teenagers. Sure they will be consumers at some point but not in another few years or decade. By then, they might have decided to move on to another future social media phenomenon or two.

It takes them almost two years to hype up this POS. I wonder if it's already peaked during that period and now Suckerberg and Co. are just here to collect their dues for all the cheer leading efforts. This is their golden chance to cash out like so many dotcoms before. History is full of it. Why would it be different this time? Groupon is a good example of what coming down the pipeline for Facebook though Facebook could weather the storm a bit longer due to its positive earning.

#13     Apr 16, 2012
  4. April 17, 2012

SouthAmerica: Here are some of my postings related to Facebook, and “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People”:

Goldman Sachs is it a Cancer or just a Parasite of the US financial system?
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...&highlight=Goldman+Sachs+Facebook#post3053241

...January 6, 2010

SouthAmerica: Regarding "Facebook"

It seems to me that "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" has found their next scam involving this deal with Facebook.

First, I have no idea why these people has placed such a high valuation on Facebook stock making it worth US$ 50 billion dollars?

"Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" probably is just setting things up to take their foolish clients for a ride.

You have to be a fool to trust that company - if they don't take you for a ride today, as you continue doing business with these scam artists eventually your turn will come - you can bet on that.

January 6, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to itsame

...First, it's insane to give a market capitalization of US$ 50 billion dollars to a company that could be just a temporary fad - and as soon as someone comes up with a new idea, this company could implode in no time.

How are this people going to make money to justify a US$ 50 billion market cap?

"Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" might be just taking advantage to the fact that this is not a public traded company - and they are trying to sell some inflated shares to take advantage of the publicity that this company is getting right now.

I am sure some people are going to make a ton of money, but at the end of the day we probably going to end up with a bunch of fools holding the bag for these scam artists.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...&highlight=Goldman+Sachs+Facebook#post3461352

...February 29, 2012

SouthAmerica: If you want to get screwed just do business with "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People".

By the way, since December 19, 2011 the "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" stock went up from $ 87 per share to $ 117 per share on very suspicious demand for that stock - many days they can't reach even the daily average trading volume for that stock and the stock keeps going up day after day.

It can't be because of the inflated price of the coming Facebook IPO....anyway it looks like to me that we have some kind of stock manipulation going on here.

#14     Apr 17, 2012
  5. April 17, 2012

SouthAmerica: Here are some of my postings related to Zynga and Facebook:

Zynga IPO
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3390115&highlight=zynga#post3390115

December 16, 2011

SouthAmerica: Zynga - another IPO and this is best Wall Street can come up with these days.

At least Zynga is a good example of the kind of company that Wall Street can relate to: the world of make believe, the world of illusion.

If you are a sucker then Zynga is the type of IPO made special for you.

Here is another Wall Street scheme set up to screw investors.

About Zynga and Facebook
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3489717&highlight=zynga#post3489717

...April 1, 2012

SouthAmerica: The Dow Jones Industrial Average has been going up since March 2009, based only on Ben Bernanke QE1, QE2, QE3,...QE?, and all kinds of other US government intervention.

The secret of inflating your equity markets based on nothing, is having a Federal Reserve manipulating the markets in every way they can - and creating liquidity from thin air - based on an imploding economy.

Everybody is aware that the US empire is crumbling, and spinning completely out of control; the US economy is imploding, and it's kept alive by massive US government intervention, and a central bank that is trying to inflate the house of cards as fast as they can to be able to keep the game going for another day, before the entire old and obsolete structure comes crashing like never before.

In 2012 the US economy is being transformed based in a new economy that the best they can create today are companies such as LinkedIn (an internet rolodex), Groupon (a company specialized in coupons for shopping), Zynga (is the world's leading provider of social game services), Pandora (Pandora is the personalized internet radio service that helps you find new music based on your old and current favorites), Yelp (reviews site, you can review your favorite restaurant and so on...), and don't forget the coming Facebook IPO (Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them).

This is the best that the US economic system can muster these days – a nothing economy, an empty shell with nothing of substance, a make believe economic system based on nothing with a banking system creating massive amount of liquidity also based on thin air.

About Zynga and Facebook
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3493290&highlight=zynga#post3493290

...April 4, 2012

SouthAmerica: Mokwit, before you know "Embraer" will take over Boeing Corp. - the new company BoEmbraer...

What is left of useful US companies are for sale anyway - Budweiser, Burger King, very soon Boeing, and so on....

The new US economy will be based on Zynga - Americans will be able to buy a farm, in Farmville, and they also be able to buy real estate, in Cityville. Americans finally will live in a complete world of illusion. And they finally Americans will be able to conquer the world in this make believe world.

Americans will be able to connect to LinkedIn (the rolodex) and get any job they want since in that world of illusion you will be able to get a job as a rocket scientist, an astronaut, be any type of doctor, or even a policeman on Cityville and Farmville.

You will be able to use your Groupon coupons to buy anything you want in the Zynga world.

You also will be able to rate the restaurants, and everything else you want to rate using the Yelp service.

And this American make believe world of the future is what gives the value of Facebook of a possible 100 billion monopoly make believe dollars.

Yes, you will be able to use monopoly make believe dollars (the new US currency) to buy railroads, houses, apartment buildings, and so on in Atlantic City or in any of the Zynga Cityvilles.

Ben Bernanke probably still be Fed Chairman and he will be trying to blow bubbles as fast as he can with his new monopoly money; to inflate the prices of everything on this new American make believe world.

The Republicans are going to be happy with this new American make believe system since when senior citizens get sick they will be sent to a Zynga Hospital, and would be taken care by the Zynga doctors and Zynga make believe drugs and the system would use Groupon coupons and monopoly make believe money.

Zynga world is the future of the United States social-economic system - the world of illusion.

April 5, 2012

SouthAmerica: Here is my reply to the above posting to a regular member of the Charlie Rose Show forum at:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12265

Gelles, I don't think that we both have gone mad.

But I am sure that the people on Wall Street have gone mad.

Zynga is a game company on the internet where you can buy a farm, or start your own city.

The company's top three games – FarmVille, FrontierVille and CityVille – accounted for 57 percent of online game revenue. Total revenue was $311.2 million for the quarter ending December 31, 2011.

Players can accept credit card offers, take surveys or buy services from Zynga's partners in order to obtain game credits, which would allow them to replenish their character's energy or receive premium currency that could be exchanged for other various virtual goods.

Players may also purchase game credits directly from Zynga via credit cards or PayPal. From within the game, players can purchase the points for a fee: US$5.00 for 21 game credits, for example.

In March 2010 Zynga started selling prepaid cards for virtual currency at more than 12,800 stores across the US.

This company started in July 2007 and went public in December 2011 and it has a market cap of around $ 10 billion dollars.

People are spending a lot of real money (if you still can call the US dollar real money these days) to buy virtual goods.

If Zynga represents the future of US job creation, then the United States job market is out of luck, since Zynga has only 3,000 employees, and 2/3 of them are located outside of the United States.

LinkedIn is an internet rolodex that also has a US$ 10 billion market Cap.

Groupon is a company specialized in coupons and that company has a US$ 10 billion market cap.

But this latest internet bubble will reach its blow up point when Facebook goes public in May or June 2012 – they are estimating that Facebook will reach a US$ 75 billion to US$ 100 billion market cap right from its IPO.

That will be an extreme example of Wall Street gone mad, but the good news is that there are plenty of suckers out there who are willing to be taken for a ride.

“Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” stock is trading at $ 120 per share and P/E 27 – when that stock should be trading at most for P/E 14 that translates to US$ 63 per share – that stock should be trading at half its current market price.

#15     Apr 17, 2012
  6. April 17, 2012

SouthAmerica: They mentioned on this video that 70 percent of the people who are members of Facebook are upset that Facebook changed their wall into “Timeline”.

I joined Facebook on November 21, 2007 per invitation of the editor-in-chief of Brazzil magazine, and since then I got connected to 234 people the number of my current friends on Facebook.

From the 234 people about 130 are family and friends, another 80 people are famous authors, economists, Brazilian and American politicians, and Wall Street television commentators. And another 25 people contacted me over time because they wanted to connect to me on Facebook.

I also turned down a large number of people over the years who wanted to be my friend on Facebook.

If you added all the people who became my friends on Facebook then my total number of friends were about 260. Over the years about 25 people disconnected from my Facebook account for one reason or another – usually it was because they did not like or agree with something that I posted on my Facebook wall. Also some very young family members disconnected from my account because they could not speak English and they could not understand most of my postings.

Among the people who disconnected from my Facebook account there were about 6 Hollywood movie stars such as Roberto De Niro and others.

George Soros disconnected from my account after only 3 days – when I sent him a private message referring him to my articles, and I pointed out what I had written about keeping the “Hot Money” out of Brazil. I also mentioned his investment on Petrobras, and what I had written about that subject. And finally, I also mentioned what I wrote about the Brazilian government putting in place a very high exit tax to keep the “Hot Money” out of Brazil.

Ivanka Trump also disconnected from my account after I posted some similar information about keeping the “Hot Money” out of Brazil – it seems to me that her father Donald Trump was investing in Brazil at that time.

Here are 2 more influential people in the Arab world who unfriended me at Facebook in the last few months:

1) Charlie Rose Show - February 9, 2012

I noticed that Prince Alwaleed bin Talal unfriended me at Facebook a few days ago
    http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12140

2) Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – the Prime Minister of United Arab Emirate - unfriended me at Facebook in the last few months after being connected to my account for at least 1 and half years.

I remember the day when he disconnected his Facebook account from my account, and what I had posted on that day on my FB wall. My posting had something to do with what was happening in Greece. I suggested that the Greek people should start a revolution in Greece similar to the French Revolution, and they should bring back the “guillotine” to take care of the politicians and the bankers who were destroying their country.

I don't have anything against a monarchy form of government, and I understand that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is supposed to be a very good ruler of Dubai. My posting was about what has been happening in Greece, and Europe in general, and not about what is going on in the Middle East.

I have a very small and select group of people (234) that I am connected at Facebook, and I only add to my group of friends a few very special people.

Anyway, the new “Timeline” system is not working well on my account and it must have some bugs that were not fixed before they used this new system – When I was checking my postings on this new "Timeline" system, it seems to me that Facebook lost many of my postings when they converted my FB wall into this “Timeline” crap.

Regarding this CrossTalk discussion: Since I spend a lot of time in the web doing research about all kinds of subjects for my articles, it would be very hard for Facebook or Google for that matter to compile any type of relevant information about myself that means anything.

Since I spend so much time doing research on the web, friends and relatives very often ask me to find some kind of information on the web for them, about some disease, medications, or medication side effects, about dog disease, or get information about something that they want to buy, or any other type of information that they need.

CrossTalk: Facebook Timeline Tyranny – April 16, 2012

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y2m6oSD6ptw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you haven't been timelined yet, you eventually will be! Why can't Facebook let its users choose their page layout? Why is Timeline enforced on hundreds of millions of users?

What is Timeline -- a perfect way to present one's biography or a way to get to know the dirty laundry of someone who hasn't cleaned his/her page yet? Does Facebook violate people's privacy, and should anyone who chooses to register on the website put up with any Facebook's initiative?

CrossTalking with Roman Karachinsky, Anita Ramasastry and Terry Carney.

#16     Apr 17, 2012
  7. April 21, 2012

SouthAmerica: A few days ago a hacker accessed my email account to get information, since then he started calling my friends to get personal information about me.

#17     Apr 21, 2012
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

How did he get your phone number from your email, and what it has to do with Facebook?

#18     Apr 21, 2012
  9. Just keep in mind the: Facebook IPO and the "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" connection.

It looks like they decided to follow up on their threat....

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195957&perpage=6&pagenumber=52

..."February 18, 2012

Oldtime: "...this has gone on long enough. At first we tried to discredit you and portray you as a crackpot. But now people are actually listening to you and taking the damaging information you post seriously.

We are watching you and can shut you down at any time.

This is your second warning.

Three strikes and you are out. "

#19     Apr 21, 2012
  10. April 24, 2012

SouthAmerica: Yesterday, I did post the following at Brazzil magazine as a follow up posting regarding "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People".

Brazzil magazine – April 23, 2012
    http://www.brazzil.com/component/co...-to-improve-us-brazil-relations.html#comments

...April 23, 2012 - Reply to ASP

Ricardo: Thanks ASP.

I hope the people in Brazil wake up in time, before “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” does a lot of damage in Brazil like they usually do regarding everything they touch.

I started a thread at the Elite Trader Economics Forum on April 11, 2010 called “Goldman Sachs is it a Cancer or just a Parasite of the US financial system?” since that time we have an ongoing discussion with 350 postings so far.

Late last year someone posted something saying that my postings were crossing the line, and that was my first warning.

On February 18, 2012 the same person, screen name Oldtime posted the following:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195957&perpage=6&pagenumber=52

..."February 18, 2012

Oldtime: "...this has gone on long enough. At first we tried to discredit you and portray you as a crackpot. But now people are actually listening to you and taking the damaging information you post seriously.

We are watching you and can shut you down at any time.

This is your second warning.

Three strikes and you are out. "

As I mentioned on the above posting, last week some hacker accessed my email account to get information about my friends and contacts, since then he started calling my friends to get personal information about me.

Whoever is doing this illegal activities, it's doing on behalf of “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People”, and it looks like they decided to follow up on their threats....and they are moving their illegal activities to the next level.

First, they did try to discredit me, then they tried to intimidate me, and now these criminals are capable of doing anything that they want....since these people think that they are above the law anywhere they operate, including in the United States.

#20     Apr 24, 2012