Facebook IPO

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by johnm4douglas, Dec 11, 2011.

1. wolfab82

wolfab82

Nailed it. I think you are wrong about google though. That company is still growing. Think of what they have done in cellphone space, also, wait till they make more hardware or a low priced pc.

Google is the next microsoft or has already surpassed them.

FB is not high on my list of possible good ipo's. Remember Angieslist, Groupon, LinkedIn clusterfuck?

Eeeeeeggggggggggxactly. ha.

I think it will go to the moon, and then the music will stop. What will happen when Zynga continues to grow, this time, without FB to help?

Also, FB is extremely easy to copycat. Googleplus needs to get their shit together as far as UI goes. People are simple, we like attractive sites. Googleplus looks like shit but has tremendous upside potential.

Also, a smart Harvard kid has a website about their alleged fishy AD revenue and practice. He claims to have worked with them. His company is redbox or something weird like that. Im gonna go google it. Ha.

#11     Jan 30, 2012
  2. i think it is not worh it. black swan thing can get you with uncomfy high odds. functionaliuty of web page can be replicated & enhanced by 3 russian programmers in 6 months. so no value there.

Huge marketing campaign to create brand, but again this is not cocacola. cocacola cant be exactly replicated.

however, it is good to get pension funds to buy at the top and extract money and increase consumption and create couple of jobs and give some feeling of selfrespect to generation that lives in this unfortunate times..

regrettably for them, it's all fake.

#12     Jan 30, 2012
  3. jokepie

jokepie

What i love about this IPO is the timing of it.. they stalled the IPO when we started to drift lower few months ago and now that everyone is hopeful for a rally in the markets and bamm....here comes the IPO.... A classic sign of ....

#13     Jan 30, 2012
  4. UP.

#14     Jan 30, 2012
  5. Finding shares to borrow for shorting will not be easy. Anybody have thoughts on when put options will be available to buy? IV may be high on these, but I'll bet they still make money.

#15     Jan 30, 2012
  6. Why would any syndicate manager market a big, aggressive IPO at the wrong time? Their job is not to predict conditions as they will exist in three months but to market the issue under favorable conditions as the deal breaks. They have no need to catch the top of the wave ... but they do like to have a nice wave.

#16     Jan 31, 2012
  7. ...paying attention, mostly.

#17     Jan 31, 2012
  8. History always repeats itself. In 2007 Myspace was valued at $12 billion and had $1 billion in revenue.

6 months ago Justin Timberlake & Specific Media bought Myspace for $35 million and the company was expected to lose $165 million for 2011.

Alot can go wrong in a few years....

#18     Jan 31, 2012
  9. My guess is that FaceBook will be the next GOOG and AAPL. I also think that there is a FaceBook Phone in the works, just scroll through your friend list and give them a call. The FaceBook Phone would be a major seller, probably top the iPhone.

Do not short FaceBook.

[​IMG]
    4,495,657 people like this.

#19     Feb 1, 2012