FACEBOOK has no second act

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by tortoise, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You mean like on EliteTrader?

#11     Jan 30, 2012
  2. Nope.

Because we all know that EliteTrader is UNIQUE!....

:D :D :D

#12     Jan 30, 2012

3. Maybe even down to your keystrokes.... :D

#13     Jan 30, 2012
  4. God forbid , that's the worst thing that could happen for privacy. But that's indeed the way things may go if we don't pay attention. Google is moving in that direction, Facebook and Google are really two evil companies. Anyone who cares about freedom and privacy should RUN RUN AWAY from Facebook and Google products.

#14     Jan 30, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Never had a facebook account to begin with.

#15     Jan 30, 2012
  6. Specterx

Specterx

Can you say identity theft? Facebook already has massive security vulnerabilities (never, ever browse the internet while logged in, unless ET is the shadiest site you visit) and I'm supposed to link them to my bank accounts as well?

#16     Jan 30, 2012
  7. Facebook is eating Google's lunch. Whose hide do you think FB's billions in ad revenue is coming out of? GOOG -12% YTD in a wild bull market - it's not a coincidence.

#17     Jan 31, 2012
  8. I have 3 facebook IDs, and I know there are many many people that create IDs just for the games and they dont want to bug their family and friends for "help" in the games.

I created a 3rd ID with the name "Nob ody" I did that so I can click peoples "like" button and it says "Nobody likes this"

#18     Jan 31, 2012
  9. hajimow

hajimow

#19     Feb 1, 2012
  10. olymbios

olymbios

Going public will push Facebook to diversify revenue streams, improve what's coming in from the current sales mix, and expand into other areas.

People say that Google is Facebook's biggest competitor, but I see things the other way round. Google is enjoying a monopoly as an internet giant, and once Facebook goes public, I see fb taking the same route. Remember, when Google floated in 2004, chrome didn't exist, android didn't exist and gmail was beta.

It would have been easy to write off Google as a 'one-trick-poney' i.e. just a search engine, before its IPO.

Facebook has the captive audience, the infrastructure and the funding to expand its operations and become the next internet giant.

Whether all this hype will cause an overvalued IPO is another matter.

#20     Feb 1, 2012