Facebook (FB) earnings this Thursday, July 26.

Discussion in 'Options' started by diaoptions, Jul 25, 2012.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Another note: I believe FB will be halted just before the announcement removing all the volatility and excitement in stock trading.

#21     Jul 26, 2012
  2. Never traded straddles... what about figuring on a run up before earnings and just buying a call.. if one feels there's gonna be a lot of positive speculation in the stock then I would think calls would do the best

#22     Jul 26, 2012
  3. #23     Jul 26, 2012
  4. #24     Jul 26, 2012
  5. #25     Jul 26, 2012
  6. Hello all- w/30mins left to trade, FB options volume hit half a million contracts- a new record by more than 120K. Option prices suggest a big move- the 1day atm straddle is bid $4! My guess is at least a 10% move.

We set up a survey to collect expectations of the price move (close to close)- if you take it you could win a Facebook Tshirt! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FACEBOOKEARNINGS

#26     Jul 26, 2012
  7. Its gonna big big move or big volume implosion..but thats not saying anything! Ha

#28     Jul 26, 2012
  8. Has anyone actually used facebook ads recently? I set up a very targeted campaign on geography for parts of the UK and all the likes I receive are from 13yr olds in the phillipines, india and the middle east, none of who would have any interest whatsoever in my business or ever been presented with the ad due to its targeting. I look into the profiles and any comments made by them are like "ekvbeirhgb9u er8ogh4g 39458th3!!!!" type comments. These are all fake accounts, randomly changing the cover photo to random pics every couple of days to look active.

Now why would people click on facebook ads with fake profiles unless facebook themselves are doing it to haul in that cash - otherwise the credit on account remains with the advertiser. You can set up a fake company with the worst nonsensical ad ever selling nothing and it will get loads of likes until your credit runs out.

The BBC investigation did exactly that to look into this problem http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18813237 some say it is flawed as the ads were not targeted enough but mine have been extremely targeted and face the same issue. Trying to find where to complain to facebook about this is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Even the BBC couldn't get a straight answer.

When this issue gets the investigation it deserves look out below!

#29     Jul 26, 2012
  9. Wall street continues to screw main street.

Bad report.

#30     Jul 26, 2012