Facebook creator rejects $750mil offer, holds for $2 BILL!! Question about this

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BulkCity, Mar 30, 2006.

1. snap!

#11     Apr 1, 2006
  2. Is this the kid that has:

I'm the CEO... BITCH, on his business card?

So he is a $2B dollar CEO Bitch now?

fuck me...that is great execution of a simple idea.

I should have studied marketing and blow off the econ>

#12     Apr 1, 2006
  3. jsmooth

jsmooth

jackassery & J_LDP....

college kids dont use AIM/yhoo IM to chat with fellow classmates anymore?

#13     Apr 2, 2006
  4. I think these are scams set up to get some senile old CEO at a b&m to fork over billions for some crap html code a 13 yo with a free afternoon could write.

#14     Apr 2, 2006
  5. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

to chat with friends, yes. to tell everyone what time/place to meet to do a project, not really. At least not in my experiences. I always give out my number because thats the best way to reach me. i only check my email once a day and it's usually late at night.

#15     Apr 2, 2006
  6. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

Newport Beach is in California right? Yeah, one wouldn't expect to see a lot of fall/winter jackets around there. Anyways, The North Face Denali Jacket is the most popular NF jacket among college kids here in Michigan. I have refused to get one for that reason. Of course, every sorority/frat member has one. Here is a link.
    http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?site=NA&model=A193

#16     Apr 2, 2006
  7. facebook, like myspace, and countless other "original" ideas have been around for some time now as far as the web is concerned...

its just another fad that will go away. just keep in mind a large sum of american kids have some form of ADD, and they get bored quickly... witness the move from friendster to myspace. remember people paying money on ebay for a gmail acct? yep...

#17     Apr 2, 2006
  8. keyser1

keyser1

to the thread creator:

what does the potential sale of face book have to do with...
    trying to get out of taxes?

here's an idea: if one doesn't like paying us taxes, one does not have to live in the us.

as far as facebook goes, I agree it probably is a fad. myspace might be too. a few years ago it was friendster. before that people hung out in other places (irc, yahoo game/chat rooms, usenet, etc). today its myspace & facebook.

The issue with social networking sites is that it there's a limited window in which to capture new customers (primarily college aged kids). once ppl leave college, they don't tend to keep up to date with the latest web stuff.
    So if today there was a better social networking site, it probably wouldn't get many converts from the 20+ crowd since all their friends/network is already established on myspace/facebook/friendster, but the 19- crowd will jump to the new site (at the start of college you meet a shitload of new ppl so joining a new social network site is easy because no friends network has been yet established).

A similar issue as this is AIM vs Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo Messenger is far superior to AIM, in most people's opinion. Yet AIM still holds the greater number of people. This is because all your friends are already on AIM (I use AIM more than Yahoo because of this), so you continue to do so.

However, in developing countries (eg India/China), more people use Yahoo Messenger than AIM because they don't have to worry about chatting with all the people who joined AIM back when it first became popular. Likewise I don't have numbers on this, but I'd venture to say Yahoo is competing better in the under 18 segment against AIM than it is in the over 18.

#18     Apr 2, 2006