Facebook Crash

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by pod11432, May 21, 2012.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I deleted this bookmark for almost two years, it was a healthy move, I do miss The Mooks of the investing community.

BTW, I was on the desk during AMER as well as NSCP IPO's back when I was a young lunch clerk. We hit/took stocks with telephones with greater success than FB.

saludos,

surdo

#11     May 21, 2012
  2. nocloud

nocloud

maybe a good trade, but it is still non-shortable.

only way to ride it down now is to bet against other social media shares, but some might already be oversold and depressed due to FB underwriters hedging their $38 support on Friday.

Short squeeze anybody.

#12     May 21, 2012
  3. pod11432

pod11432

Come on! Lets hit $25 :cool:

#13     May 29, 2012
  4. Bagholders getting FacePunched.

#14     May 29, 2012
  5. I have to say that anyone who bought Face Book deserves to lose and lose big. They should have just made the IPO 10 trillion. People probably would have still bought in to it.

#15     May 29, 2012
  6. Feel free to leave at any time. No one is forcing you to stay here.

#16     May 29, 2012
  7. the hedgies en masse are going to pound this pc. of crap into the ground.

retail is already starting to puke' em out.

s

#17     May 29, 2012
  8. By the time it's shortable it will be <$18. A short squeeze setup then might be doable but any rally is unlikely to be sustainable; it will take too long to indicate a reasonable P/E.

#18     May 29, 2012
  9. pod11432

pod11432

Over at cnbc are saying it will reach $22 so I am guessing FB will settle around $23-$24

#19     May 29, 2012
  10. Nobody is able to short any size and the synthetics are well under 20k contracts in the options. I don't really follow the logic that "hedge funds" are pounding some obvious edge here. If anything you'd have to be nuts to short it at this level for fear of some sort of syndicate bid.

The vast majority of sellers are those who were f*cked on the IPO and therefore the weak hands will be gone soon. I bet we close over $31 by Monday.

I can understand it if it were near to the release of the lock-up (date), but those horses are out of the barn.

So I assume you're short from 28.80 here? Adding?

#20     May 29, 2012