Facebook board upholds Trump ban

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 5, 2021.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#61     Oct 4, 2021
  2. Karma making a visit to Facebook.

Facebook promoting/enabling dissent to create more division for more profits.

Ironically, hating Facebook and a couple others of their ilk seems to be one of the very few are where both dem and republican lawmakings are unified.

#62     Oct 4, 2021
    smallfil likes this.
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    #63     Oct 4, 2021
  4. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

I think social media gets too much credit as serious systemically important companies.

Maybe I'm crazy but I still think Facebook, Twitter, etc.. are glorified message boards for entertainment.

If Facebook disappeared tomorrow, nothing would happen.

#64     Oct 4, 2021
    smallfil likes this.
  5. Mercor

Mercor

A lot of small businesses rely on Facebook for customers and sales
    Its does seem this attack on facebook is a continuation of attacks on small business

Also facebook is not as leftist as twitter

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    #65     Oct 4, 2021
  6. smallfil

smallfil

Facebook is there for the huge revenues they earn from mining their users personal information that they sell to everyone. Scammers then, take your social media data plus personal information they bought off the internet to scam you multiple ways. That is why my Facebook does not have any picture or a lot of personal information. The only reason I still use it is to get in touch with family members who are into it. Otherwise, I will totally delete that account. Twitter only allows you to suspend, not delete your account. They probably, figure you will come back and they can then, also, mine your personal information. I have suspended my Twitter account the moment they banned President Donald Trump. I was on Twitter only because of President Donald Trump. Not coming back either.

#66     Oct 4, 2021

7. It is a major location for advertising products and businesses... you cannot reach the number of people anywhere else like you can on FB so if FB disappeared then hundreds of thousands of businesses would lose face time with consumers.

I dont think the problem is with fucktarded things people post on FB... it is that society has become so stupid we cannot trust them anymore to decipher what is junk and what is real information. You dont need to remove postings except for TOS violations simply because they mention some wild conspiracy theories if most people would not believe it as true...

But people "research" by shit posted on FB so now FB feels like it has to be careful what it allows...

#67     Oct 4, 2021
    UsualName likes this.
  8. UsualName

UsualName

Let’s be honest, we had what 230 plus years of a peaceful transfer of power and then Facebook came along.

Facebook is awful. Yes there is a major economic impact from Facebook but there is also major social upheaval and mental health negatives associated from it too.

Facebook is like Times Square in the 1980s. You really only go there if you’re a junky, a pervert or lost.

#68     Oct 4, 2021
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#69     Oct 5, 2021
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#70     Oct 11, 2021