Facebook - a new perspective on the damage it's doing.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Aug 2, 2012.

1. My friends, it started a few years ago when a hedge fund manager congratulated me on being "Google invisible".

I thought, "What the fuck is he talking about?"

Of course, he Googled my name, to research my life, and background. Now I do that to all my competitors, and I get a pretty good picture of them - (even saw the distinctive brand of car a guy was driving by zooming Google Earth to it's maximum, and seeing his car in his driveway!! I live multiple states away from his Colorado residence!)

So within the last 24 hours on the radio, I hear about the exact 180 degree opposite of privacy - employers demanding your passwords to your social accounts!

If you're still not sure, check out THIS -

http://www.weknowwhatyouredoing.com/

2. It's a rude awakening when you find out. Your useless rants on FB could lost you your next job. As they say, beware of those bearing gifts. FB is a gift that keep on giving to the stockholders and teenagers alike. Everything is a like except that your current or future employers doesn't "like" what you have on FB.

3. And that's only "round one".

I hate Facebook and I'm STILL on it. How? I went to a friend's party and there's pictures of me (and my family) standing in front of a "location" that explains a lot about me on an issue that not everyone will agree with.

If you don't want the world to know your personal business in 5 seconds, Facebook is a MULTI-PRONGED problem that's hard to stop. On privacy issues, you don't want your friends to be on it, either.

4. jem

jem

link please.