Faber sees bull run ending as recession looms for US

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bogan7, Sep 24, 2007.

1. A broken clock is bound to be right once in a while.

2. Twice a day, actually.

3. S2007S

S2007S

Recession??

Whats that.

:p :p :p :p :p

4. “Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while” is always a good cliché but I don’t think either applies in this case.

5. Yeah, you don't get to be a famous super rich investor when you are like a broken clock...
    You post on the internet, if that's the case...

6. PohPoh ... I just take the posts on ET with a huge grain of salt since there are no track records here and people feel empowered by the anonymity of the internet. They're just opinions here and its really just entertainment.

7. I didn't know Faber is now a famous super rich investor. I'd count Rogers in but not Faber, not by a longshot.

Faber is on Bloomberg on ever 5% SP500 dip in the last 5 years and I heard him say the same sentences every time, in his custom Swiss accent:

- "Well, I can very well imagine we can see another 15-20% downside in the SP500 index right now"
    - "The US Fed is running the money printing machines 24/7"
    - "Paper assets are losing value, I recommend investors shifting assets to physical assets"

Broken clock. Rogers at least always says what he is long or short because he's a real investor not a talking head like Faber.

8. gnome

gnome

Faber's been singing that tune for quite a while... and he's right, of course.

However, so long as the US Gummint and Fed are pumping money & inflating away... PLUS measuring GDP in nominal dollars, they may not have to claim "recession" for another 30 years or so.

Of course prices will rise, our money will lose buying power and nearly all of us will suffer a decline in living standard (likely severe)... BUT WE AIN'T HAVIN' NO RECESSION!!!

Doesn't that make you feel all warm and gooey?

9. S2007S

S2007S

Wouldnt a small recession be healthy in the long run....things have been to good for too long, cant last forever....

#10     Sep 24, 2007