Faber Says U.S. Government May Fail in 5 to 10 Years; Calls Bernanke "A Criminal"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 23, 2009.

1. clacy

clacy

Pointing fingers and complaining is very easy.

FWIW, I complain as well. But I also realize that it's not as easy as just firing Bernake or ending the FED.

#21     Sep 23, 2009
  2. Marc Faber - Art Bell

you freaking kooks.

#22     Sep 23, 2009
  3. Yo Z.

saying 1+1 must = 2 is not crazy.

Saying 1+1 can = 3, or even 50 is crazy.

The math cannot lie.

Because if you believe that we can continue these deficits, pay for the military, SS, medicare, unemployment, backstop the US financial sector, continue stimuli..... without dire consequences..... than who's the kook?

1+1=2 no more, no less.

#23     Sep 23, 2009
  4. all I know is the g--d--m deficit is out of control and threatening to go infinitum. Federal tax revenues are booming.........lol. crackpots are buying guns and ammo and all you can do is scratch your head and say.............NFP is fixing to turn positive.....when? Stock market will cure all the USA's ills.

by the way, to your credit........one of the few here who called this move up.

#24     Sep 23, 2009
  5. Well...I haven't spoken to either in a while. But my guess is Art Bell. Especially if we're measuring in Flip dollars.

#25     Sep 23, 2009
  6. jjj1000

jjj1000

here's my 2 cents:

Bernanke, Geitner (and Obama as they are their economic team) did very well since the beggining of the year: they flooded the economy with stimuli WHICH WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO at the time.

the banks and the economy are in much better shape now.

the problem I see now is that THEY CANNOT ALLOW A BUBBLE IN THE STOCK MARKET or other areas of the economy now that the stimulus has worked. A bubble now would be terrible, when it finally busted we would have chaos and go much lower than the March 2009 lows (SPX).

In short, the government did very well, but should act NOW not to let this bubble grow... by unwinding the stimuli and protecting the dollar... Now is the time to do it... and then we will have slow growth and big unemployement for 1-2 years, but eventually the economy will recuperate and grow in a sustainable way.

#26     Sep 23, 2009
  7. lol sweet

#27     Sep 23, 2009
  8. ammo

ammo

we are in a bubble, the tarp bubble

#28     Sep 23, 2009
  9. Lethn

Lethn

I think thousands of unemployed people including myself would happily speak differently.

#29     Sep 23, 2009
  10. Faber is a punk bitch. It's easy to throw bombs from Hong Kong.

Not so easy to be in the arena every day like BennyPoo.

#30     Sep 23, 2009