Faber Says U.S. Government May Fail in 5 to 10 Years; Calls Bernanke "A Criminal"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Obama is as clueless as McCain on economics, and almost seems loath to touch anything centered on economic policy, delegating it to seemingly anyone who's standing in the room.

#11     Sep 23, 2009
  2. .........................................................

Perfectly stated...

Just add the change in tax structure...

To a 10/5 C tax only...

Done....

Gold has nothing to do with it....

Scarcity has everything to do with it....

#12     Sep 23, 2009
  3. central planning lead directly in my mind to communist russia... At the end the divergence is only in where the centralization takes place...

#13     Sep 23, 2009
  4. Track record for Bernanke so far is one of habitual liar, along with a good percentage of DC. I am with Faber on this one.

#14     Sep 23, 2009
  5. Bernanke is a scumbag, filthy rat. If I weren't such a nice person, I'd raise wild boars like in that one Hannibal Lecter movie and train them to eat his beard off his face.

Faber says all central bankers except for India's are printing money, postponing the collapse and supporting their economies with borrowed money.

#15     Sep 23, 2009
  6. if USA fails while Obama is president, guess what will happen?

ethnic pogroms from all sides the like you have never seen since the holocaust

#16     Sep 23, 2009
  7. You know only what the media feeds you. Those of us that trade various markets know the tradeable bourses are not reflecting the apocalyptic picture the pundits are painting. Likewise it's not all rosy either, but as always there are good sectors and bad sectors.

I don't understand why people complain so much instead of working.

#17     Sep 23, 2009

8. We worry that all the results of our working could likely vanish one day.

That said - isn't it rational to worry or be angry?

#18     Sep 23, 2009
  9. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMFjpvl8sJk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMFjpvl8sJk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chorus:
    f this city f this city up
    are you really happy while your living in shit?
    what the f are they going to do about it?
    f this city fuck this city up
    lets show these bastards that were sick of f taking it
    what the f are they going to do about it?

:cool:

#19     Sep 23, 2009
  10. Unless you work inside a high level department of government and have access to information few others do, can't you say the same about yourself?

I believe that those who claim Bernanke has gone way too far with his quantitative easing, and that he's merely postponing the medicine, thereby making the disease worse, are correct.

Maybe I'll be proven right, or maybe I'll be proven wrong.

But the thing that really irks me about Bernanke is that he lies to the American People. When he claims we are exiting recession before we have, and urges people to go out and spend, even taking on more debt in the process, and when his stimulus selectively targets a narrow slice of American Business (the financial sector) is such a focused, intense way - he is a poor actor.

All Bernanke is doing is borrowing money to try and reflate asset values and stimulate consumption. There's no coordination or game plan with any other entity of government to produce real GDP growth or improve business conditions or lay the foundation for individuals to become wealthier in real terms.

He is borrowing and spending to postpone the real meltdown.

#20     Sep 23, 2009