Faber: Nations Will Print Money, Go Bust, Go to War…We Are Doomed

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, May 26, 2010.

1. Albert

Albert

Obviously nobody has to do this, but it might be a good exercise for some of the more intelligent posters earlier in the thread.
    I would like to see a graphic or flow chart of the causes and consequences that we are talking about with regards to these economic predictions. For example if step 1 is increased money supply M2 or M3(not sure if they are reporting that anymore), then the next step might have an up arrow in front of asset prices or consumer confidence or bulging eyeballs... whatever. That way each step can be dissected to see the fault lines and examined for it's plausibility.
    As it is, it feels like trying to catch rain in your hands where nothing sticks and there is so much information raining down all around you.
    A

#171     Nov 4, 2010
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

A couple of nukes would cause unheard of chaos to say the least..3 planes changed the way we now live.

#172     Nov 4, 2010
  3. I do not think nuclear weapons can destroy the world/civilisation/humanity. People fear nuclear weapons for no reason at all.

#173     Nov 5, 2010
  4. USA has deployed 200 nuclear weapons in Europe: Wikileaks

THE US has deployed 200 tactical nuclear weapons in Europe, mostly in Belgium, Holland, Germany and Turkey, the WikiLeaks’ files claim.

The four nations were long suspected of hosting warheads but Nato and the governments involved have refused to confirm reports. Nato yesterday condemned releasing nuclear secrets as “illegal and dangerous”.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/214778/WikiLeaks-claims-200-nukes-in-Europe

#174     Dec 2, 2010
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

While it may not wipe us all out, it could very well send us back into the stone ages causing massive panic, famine, disease. Trust me thos nukes are not going to land in middle Montana...

#175     Dec 2, 2010
  6. I think you're being kinda Captain Obvious, not to the general public, but to those who stay familiar with the issue. I'm pretty sure Faber fully knows that today's monetary supply is actually digital, not paper. 'Print money" is just a term, not to be taken 100% literally, but it is still accurate.

As a side note, whenever more money/debt is created by the Fed, a certain % is printed by the Treasury.

Regardless, Faber's general conclusions are on point. You can try to debate it with long winded rationalizations that general equate to "this time it is different", but you will be able to avoid reality for only so long.

#176     Dec 2, 2010