F35: The Liberal Fighter Plane

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Jul 10, 2014.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/...litary-technology-in-history-worth-the-price/

Here is a video on the F35 Lightning by Pierre Sprey, one of the designers of the A-10 and the F-16:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mxDSiwqM2nw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope none of your kids ends up flying this in combat.

I flew the F-35 (the usaf variant) sim a couple of hours per week for several years and have over 2000 precision approaches. I always came away thinking "what a pig". I had hoped that the sluggishness I experienced was a vagary of the simulator even though we had the latest high fidelity flight control models. It looks as though others have noticed and they are starting to weigh in.

We're going to be significantly weakened for the next generation at least. The magical thinking that has gone into this airframe is a uniquely liberal trait. It is the liberal fighter jet. They cancelled the one that worked (F-22) and are overpaying for the one that doesn't work (F-35). Go USA!

I flew the F-22 sim at the USAF Flight Test Center a couple of times (meaning: *not* proficiently, its kind of a handful, I was unable to air-refuel lol). The most trouble anyone is ever going to have in that plane is getting it slowed down enough to enter the pattern or make an approach. Total beast.

The first F-35 that runs into a modern Sukhoi is going to have a bad day.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

When did you say you were going to get me a ride in one of those sims? :)

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Hey bro.

You've got so much twin turbine experience you probably could fly the F-22 sim pretty well right out of the gate.

I have trouble with big twins lol. The workload is what messes me up. The farther apart the engines are the more I suck.