F up 5% today 10/24/06

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Oct 24, 2006.

1. S2007S

S2007S

It really doesnt get anymore confusing than this. They report one their biggest qu. losses in 14 years and the stock moves up .40 or 5%. Im sure GM jumps 5 bucks tomorrow on a loss as well.

2. F traded down yesterday on the news. Some upgrade game at work?

3. I saw that. How can that stock move anywhere besides down? Who knows...Maybe too many people have puts on it, if it goes down it may be driven down even more. Like i said before, i wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

4. If in doubt, just go to any Ford dealer and see if you want any of their cars from the current lineup. :D

5. Like is said before, the only car i would even consider purchasing from them is the Ford GT(Not mustang GT). I don't see them coming out with any cars that sell, the mustang was their last hit and F150 is being forgotten about and replace with new GM trucks... I truly don't see anything saving them, they should go private :).

6. I don't see how Ford can survive. All the past talk has been mostly about will GM go bankrupt but Ford is the one I bet will if one of them does...I see the stock only going lower but I also believe GM and Ford will merge so I would be afraid of what may happen to Ford stock if they did merge...Would it go up?

As been mentioned already, they are selling Mustang GT's but that is about it..their bread and butter has always been their trucks but I personally know 2 guys who instead of getting another Ford truck have gone to Toyota...Even their best selling for many years in a row Ranger truck is now so outdated it is pathetic...while the competition have enlarged their smaller line of trucks, Ford has kept the Ranger small, can't even get it with 4 doors (unless your in Mexico) and no real changes to the style at all...Many, many Rangers and F-150's are sitting in the local Ford dealers lot by me..collecting dust.

I honestly think its the Ford dealers service departments that are keeping them going as their cars and now their trucks for the most part truly suck.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce any day now that they are going bankrupt...but I believe GM will merge with them to try and compete with the foreign cars and trucks. A merge to try and create 1 big US Powerhouse.

7. merging two losers will not make a winner. it would be interesting if this does happens.

8. I can tell you why this stock went up

Yes, they recorded the biggest losses in years, but I can see some bright spots..

1. They own 37% of Mazda, I guarantee in the next 2-3 years they will buy out mazda. Mazda's biggest shareholder is Ford, and mazda is one of the most popular cars with people between the ages of 18 to 30.

2. They are launching some new products such as the Edge and the fairlane, which I expect to get good sales

3. Lastly, Ford has 18 billion in cash still, how long till they wipe it out, only God knows but I think you shouldn't count them out. I can see them being completely eliminated in a couple of years, if the Chinese start producing decent trucks.