F U Fed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Yeah, but the Fed usually doesn't go in and buy 3 Billion of Mortgage backed securities for cash, like they did today..

http://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/omo/dmm/temp.cfm

Bailout Bailout Bailout...

Those fucking cunts..

#11     Aug 10, 2007
  2. una11

una11

LMAO - and you guys are actually surprised this happened??!??!

#12     Aug 10, 2007
  3. Let me guess, a healthy correction would be the major indices tanking 0.5% each and every day like clockwork for a few weeks with zero retracements and no short covering rallies in between.

Just like a bull market, just the other way around!

Too bad it ain't that easy!!!

#13     Aug 10, 2007
  4. I dont understand, when the Fed annonced it was pumping liquidity why not cover and go the other way. Instead of hoping trade what you see :D.

I know you are joking but many are saying the same things you are and are missing the point.

#14     Aug 10, 2007
  5. Fed just used the market correction as a smoking screen; the real problem is that China wouldn't lend us money at current rate. In reacted to US and Japan have manipulated the oil market and other commodities to counter attack China's aggression to unify Taiwan. And, It isn't part of deal that China had agreed on US invasion to Iraq. :D
    LOL; Paulson fly to Beijing in this weekend.

#15     Aug 10, 2007
  6. una11

una11

Agree. I don't understand people who get married to one view and can't change - trade what you see, not what you think should happen.

The Fed can print money faster than you can stay solvent on the short side IMO.

#16     Aug 10, 2007
  7. BJL

BJL

because if they didn't a crisis like this would/could developed into a 1930s style depression and/or a Japan 1990s scenario.

do you really think your own short term trading gains/losses are more important than the jobs and lives of millions of other people?

this is why I hate being bearish. you're constantly hoping the world as we know it will come to an end.

#17     Aug 10, 2007
  8. una11

una11

I know - some seem to actually want the world financial system to fail and plunge the world into a new Dark Age. I mean, wtf!?!?

#18     Aug 10, 2007
  9. loser mentality all over this thread.

get a grip.

the fed, reactions to the fed, and actions by the fed are a PART of the market

the market is not some rarefied entity that exists independent of such things.

obviously, you are trading your OPINION.

iow, according to you, the market should not have popped eod, therefore it's just plain wrong, whine whine whine

trade the tape and respect your stops.

#19     Aug 10, 2007
  10. Man am I the only one who is pissed long; I thought we would be up 200-300 points on the dow.

#20     Aug 10, 2007