-F- Short weekly puts 13 Strike

Discussion in 'Options' started by nickdes, Aug 2, 2010.

1. nickdes

nickdes

Last week I sold 30 contracts in my long term account (IRA) for the weekly options with Ford, the 13 strike. I fully expected the assignment this weekend! The contracts were expired!!! I usually only sell short puts on stock I do not mind owning in my long term account, but since the options at the close on Friday were worth 24 cts. I knew or at least I thought I knew that I would have 3000 shares placed in my account. Well, I will take the gain, but I am totally shocked. However I do see that Ford likely will trade above 13 this a.m.

Question I have, has anyone not been assigned a position being 24 cts in the money? BTW, I have had other Ford stock assigned to me this past year, so I do trade Ford on a regular basis.

On a side note, some may think this is a BS post, as I would have doubts too, reading the content!!! I assure you, this did happen!

2. nickdes

nickdes

Well, at 8:12 a.m. I am now showing the assignment. I usually see the assignment on Saturday, LOL so I am still fine with this.

Sorry for the question as I should have waited a little longer to post.

3. spindr0

spindr0

You shouldn't have posted at all. The OCC has scavengers who read this BB looking for people with options expiring ITM that slipped through the cracks and weren't exercised.

:)

4. nickdes

nickdes

The trade has worked out, : ) F 13.11 now! Thanks for the heads up too.

I did talk to the rep. this a.m about this, and he said the weekly options and quarterly options post on Monday morning, instead of Saturday as has been the case. This was my first time not closing out a weekly option though.