F it, I want to move to Europe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jackson1234, Apr 26, 2008.

1. #71     Aug 30, 2008
  2. Yes, the 'man drought' has been bandied around in the media a lot lately. The cynic in me would say there is really only a shortage of rich, successful, attractive and funny men willing to date all the picky females here!

I wonder why a lot of guys are leaving the country to work overseas? Australia is a great place, but no longer the 'land of opportunity'. The cost of living (particularly real estate) is very high now. A decent house in Melbourne/Sydney not way out in the suburbs is $1m+. This makes money a key component in the dating game. The average woman in her 30s looking to settle down has no chance of buying a house without a partner with a high paying job.

It is a real turn-off meeting women when you get the feeling who you are isn't quite as important as what you have or what they can get out of it. I've heard women quite openly say they just want to meet a successful guy and have a couple of kids. They don't care if it doesn't work out because they'll get half his assets and be set up.

Anyway I'm off to Japan next week for a holiday. I hear western guys are very popular there so am looking forward to finding that out, if I'm lucky the trip will descend into a vortex of debauchery. I'll report back here with my findings.

#72     Aug 30, 2008