Eyes on Fire

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hawker, Sep 15, 2003.

1. color of your charts to GREY, instead of WHITE!

#51     Sep 25, 2003
  2. Somebody post the best place to get 19" Samsung LCD's please.

Am in the market for two of them, have pretty well decided that samsung is probably the way to go.

This is my benchmark:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=694891&sku=S203-1910

where can I beat the above price? (699.99) 22 bucks to ship.

Also are the Dell Ultrasharp's flatpanels really samsung's just branded "dell"

i.e. how do the 1901FP Dells comapre to the samsung above because its only 549 to add one of those and I bet I could talk the rep into adding another at that price.

Any real difference between the two? anyone.

Thanks.

:cool:

#52     Mar 28, 2004
  3. Hi Avalanche,

I also thought like you about Samsung, till I saw Sony S93 series. I bought Sony's, they looked better than Samsungs to me. Cost $600.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=637773&Sku=S08-1914

Good luck,

nononsense

#53     Mar 29, 2004
  4. James Lackey

James Lackey Guest

Fluorescent lights kill my eyes. I thought a portion of spectrum was missing, the blues. I have same problem with neon (red) lights. I figured that out when I was 16 and had an Old style beer neon in room. I figured fluorescent lights hurt me in college. I cant study, learn or read in classroom. Outdoors or natural lighting next to windows I can read an entire book in a few hours.

Flat panels helped a ton. Torch lamps, halogen with morning and afternoon settings helped more. The lesson from the past year is airflow. Ceiling fans dry out eyes and make pain. Air-con vents etc too close do the same.

In conclusion, white screen, huge cathode ray 22" monitors, with 400 fluorescent lights, day trading the SNP with a room full of news traders blowing hot air, with 50 ceiling fans drying the eyes give me a headache...LACK

#54     Mar 29, 2004