Eyes on Fire

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hawker, Sep 15, 2003.

1. every time I rest my elbows on the desk

get a chair with armrests and get an ergonomically correct set up.

Michael B.

#31     Sep 18, 2003
  2. Another golden tip!!! Dont' ignore it!!!

I have a luxury executive chair that can be set to both recline and to be fixed forward. I've never got it in recline mode, it's extremely comfy and I never have back problems anymore (used to have them badly!).

The only next better / healthiest solution would be to sit on a gymnastic ball. That's not really my thing though - So yeah. It's up to you.

I'm impressed by all the great contributions to this thread. I think we've touched an age-old traders problem here...

Scientist.

#32     Sep 18, 2003
  3. It's a great thread.

It's a pretty bloody funny name for a thread, too...

LOL

Scientist.

#33     Sep 18, 2003
  4. Hawker

Hawker

get a chair with armrests and get an ergonomically correct set up.

Michael B.

Another golden tip!!! Dont' ignore it!!!

I have a luxury executive chair that can be set to both recline and to be fixed forward. I've never got it in recline mode, it's extremely comfy and I never have back problems anymore (used to have them badly!).

The only next better / healthiest solution would be to sit on a gymnastic ball. That's not really my thing though - So yeah. It's up to you.

I'm impressed by all the great contributions to this thread. I think we've touched an age-old traders problem here...

Scientist.

Thx ! Actually my chair has a comfortable arm rest, but I can't help to bend forward and rest on the elbows or take notes and get too close to the monitors, thats another reason I'm thinking about the LCDs in the way I can still doing my tasks on the desk without getting to close of the screens.

Hope all the tips in this thread so far can help others with the same or similar problems like myself.

Its amazing how can we realized all the wrong and bad things we're doing to our bodies while working. You think you know such factors but don't make them conscious til you write it down, read it or post them in a thread like this.

Eyes on fire but Still Kicking , well , should I said still clicking. LOL

#34     Sep 18, 2003
  5. but I can't help to bend forward and rest

Hawker, I know your aware of your position and eye condition....especially after this thread....

But also pay attention to the length of your torso in comparision to the desk height and adjust your chair to the correct height. By adjusting your chair will cause a different response to the many unconscious adjustments you are making with the position of your body, while remaining still and concentrating on the charts.

Not only may you subconsciously lean over to read the screen because of an unknown eye problem....but you can also be doing damage to your neck.

Michael B.

#35     Sep 18, 2003
  6. Hawker

Hawker

Thx ES , all those tips are great. Time to make some adjustments.

BTW , did you solve your video card trouble. Working already with the Samsungs LCDs ?

#36     Sep 18, 2003
  7. Yeah, duel DVI is necessary. I have put my project on hold as I have a day job and swing/position trading the ES at night with EOD patterns and set ups.....but I have time to pop into ET and read and socialize and hopefully learn. ET is a favorite place of mine and the folks here are really great!

Michael B.

#37     Sep 18, 2003
  8. Hawker

Hawker

You bet. ET is great. Is very helpful watch all the threads and the controversies that arise in some of them.

I used to swing trade stocks , however nowadays I'm giving a futures day trading a try, thats probably why my eyes are on fire, long time of the day stalking , a new habit for me.

But not questions about it. This business is the one although based on my own experience a trader must to commit her/himself completely to this business. To be honest I don't believe in part time daytrading even with my eyes burnning.

Be good

#38     Sep 18, 2003
  9. Yeah Hawker your probably right about that part time effort. I am finding that very wide stops are necessary....this is uncomfortable to the style of intraday trading I was accustomed to before.

Michael B.

#39     Sep 18, 2003
  10. gerik

gerik

This is the reason I posted this enron auction in the announcments section. I have heard the chairs are the ultimate in comfort, and who knows what they will bring on an auction. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=21939

#40     Sep 18, 2003