Eye Strain from Trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by huby, Aug 27, 2001.

1. ron2368

ron2368

get your eyes checked maybe you need glasses!

#11     Aug 28, 2001
  2. dozu888

dozu888

use audio alerts.

use stop orders to get in/out of positions. it's just not worth it to stare at the wiggles all day for a few bucks.

#12     Aug 28, 2001
  3. Recently have started to get headaches as well as eye iritation. I guess experiencing same problems as some of you, maybe we need glasses?

#13     Aug 28, 2001
  4. agent99

agent99

High resolution flat panel monitors seem to be easier on the eyes, at least that's what I've found.

#14     Aug 28, 2001
  5. BigWave

BigWave

All good and valid suggestions:

- proper monitor and alignment (2-ft and screen eye level)
    - LCD screen if possible
    - looking away at different distances. Have a open window view nearby. Focus on objects far away.
    - blinking
    - take breaks as often as necessary
    - avoid bright lights that cause screen glare
    - sterile eye moisturizers (only use the $$$ extra clean stuff as recommended by eye doctors avail @drugstores. Get the cheap stuff and it may irratate more than help).

In addition to, I would suggest simple eye strain exercises such as following an imaginary "figure 8" while keeping your head still. It helps!

#15     Aug 28, 2001
  6. uhh...ok I just changed the resolution setting on my 19"crt to a different setting...so much more space...but I worried about eye strain....how do I check the refresh rate on my system?
    thanks
    i'll soon be buying 2LCD's but this will do for now

uptik

#16     Apr 8, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

The recommendations on the first page of this thread is all you need to do.

One more, if from your normal sitting position, you extend your hand and touch the monitor(s), they are too close.

nitro

#17     Apr 8, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

Right click on your desktop. A popup menu will appear. Click on properties. A dialog box will appear. Click on the settings tab. Click on the Advanced button. A dialog box will appear. Click on the monitors tab. _IF_ you have told the OS what monitor you have (either becasue it is Plug And Play, or because you installed drivers) then there you will see the refresh rates that your monitor/card support. If you have not, then it may allow you to type in any refresh rate the card supports.

_BE_VERY_CAREFUL_WITH_REFRESH_RATES_MAKE_SURE_THE_MONITOR_SUPPORTS_IT_OR_IT_MAY_BLOW_UP_ON_YOU

This will make a huge difference, especially if you get a good graphics card to go with them, and you darken the room.

nitro

#18     Apr 8, 2002
  9. It is very, very, VERY important to drink an adequate amount of water. Get used to swigging a gulp every few minutes. It'll soon be habit. This will help with a multitude of health issues and dry eyes in particular. It also helps with headache, ulcers, cancer, heart disease, etc. etc. I'm not kidding. If interested email me for some reading suggestions. It's truly mind boggling what water can do for you. Oh, yea, make sure it's clean water, NOT tap water.

#19     Apr 8, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

Yeah, I agree, but I don't like the taste of the stuff when it is chemically processed. Also, If I drink those fancy "water" bottles, they end up tasting like the plastic bottle they came in. Of course, the tap tastes like shit too...

nitro

#20     Apr 8, 2002