Eye of Newt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

It is used strictly for political purposes today. bush1 used the evangelicals in this manner. I would not be surprised if, privately the man had contempt for them, as Harry Trumann had for Billy Graham.

#11     Mar 9, 2011
  2. And therein lies the poison of religion, because the unscrupulous will always gather the gullible. And where better to find the gullible than among those who suspend reason as a matter of principle? And so it goes.

So since the conservatives are presently almost invariably using God or religion in one manner or another to suit their purposes, may we conclude, by virtue of your above post, that the leaders of the Right are, by and large, unscrupulous?

#12     Mar 9, 2011
  3. I am hearing that. My cable has a quarter of the channels with
    televangelists. I'll never understand how anybody can follow
    these hillbillies. One woman has purple hair and makeup like Divine. I'll bet alot of estates are bequethed to these types.

#13     Mar 9, 2011
  4. Larson

Larson Guest

Are politicians unscrupulous? Religion needs to stay out of politics, it is a private matter for the individual.

#14     Mar 9, 2011
  5. Not according to the "intellectual powerhouse" of the Right (that would be Newt), and many of its other adherents.

#15     Mar 9, 2011
  6. Gingrich's chances of getting the nomination are somewhere between slim and none and Slim just left town.

It's fascinating to me that liberals will eviscerate a conservative for tawdry behavior, but when it's Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy or Jesse Jackson, it's a private matter that shouldn't be talked about.

#16     Mar 9, 2011
  7. Are you intentionally being obtuse, or did you actually miss the part about the Right presenting itself as the singular beacon of morality?

#17     Mar 9, 2011
  8. [​IMG]

#18     Mar 9, 2011