Eye Fatigue

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by stockerup, Feb 3, 2006.

1. #31     Feb 5, 2006
  2. ifinitis

ifinitis

Yes, read the instructions and the forum related to the software.
    It is simple to use.

I have a Samsung 191T that the max refresh rate at 1280x1024 is 60 in the Nvidia set up window. If I run Refreshforce and set 1280x1024 to 75, 75 shows up as an option in the Nvidia set up window, I select it and it runs great.

#32     Feb 5, 2006
  3. duard

duard

4. I'm being serious, I used to have the same problem. There was nothing wrong with my eyes, it was my trading style, and yours too. I used to watch every tick,, I also has a nervous twitch back then. Now, I place my trade, set my sell price, and take an occasional look at an active chart, or the TV, (Bloomberg or CNBC) in case the Market moves against me and I have to sell for a small loss. I was over trading back then, stressed out, my eyes hurt,on and on. Now I find out which way the Market is heading, place the appropriate directional option trade, set my upside sell-price, and make sure the Market doesn't move against me too much. Like the Good Fellas say, I can "Forgid Aboud Id",well almost. The point is I rarely am behind a computer, except to enter the trade. Change your style ,and your sore eyes won't be sore,, no more.

...Rennick Out

#34     Feb 6, 2006
  5. For what it is worth, top Swiss watchmakers often work at home in their private workshop. To avoid eye fatigue, they (mostly?) have their bench installed below a window. They will regularly look up from their work and focus at a distant object through the window. It seems that regular re-adaptation exercises can help in reducing eye fatigue.

#35     Feb 6, 2006
  6. Don't forget to blink your eyes once in awhile...:p

#36     Feb 6, 2006
  7. Totally agree with the black background color for charts. And don't
    put bright (example: yellow) colored objects against the black. Use
    what I call "soft" colors against the black like gray, red, green, ect.

That way your "cones" aren't working overtime. Or your "rods".

#37     Feb 6, 2006
  8. Ninja

Ninja

That's a very important point and this alone can help alot.

Also for years I had eye problems, which in fact were caused by my glasses. I regularly visited my eye doctor, however he was too old school.

When I went to another eye doctor she demonstrated that I could live with 0.5 dioptres less and still have 100% vision (about 120% with my old glasses). The key is to get glasses with as few correction as necessary and than let the eye muscles do the rest.

Now I no longer have any problems at the computer. The only problem is that after 10 hours at the computer, when watching TV in the evening I sometimes wish my old glasses back, because my eyes (muscles) are tired then and Eva Longoria looks a bit blurred.

#38     Feb 6, 2006
  9. I think the idea is to get soooo goood that you can trade with your eyes closed.
    Has anyone tried good quality sunglasses ?:D

#39     Feb 6, 2006
  10. stockerup,

can you post a screenshot of a chart?

#40     Feb 7, 2006